Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New car

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car

hey im new to this website and i need some advice on a new car. Right now i have a 2003 acura cl type s and it is paid off. i have been modding it for a while now and i am happy with the car but i have alway's wanted an f-body ever since i drove the 96 ss when it first came out. My question is which car to get because i will be a ls1 camaro owner within a month but trying to decide on either a 02 z28 or ss or 35th ann. Whats your oppinion on auto or 6mt? any help will be great
Old 10-10-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Performance wise,..your not gonna see much of a difference between them. They're prety much the same except for some slightly different body style'n. Performance wise the difference is 5 more hp on a SS than on a Z.28. I'd say get the SS if the miles a low enough and its not stupid pricey!! If its not in your price range get the Z. The 35th annaversary just has badging added. Honestly,... it could have a great resale value later on since its an annaversary edition but seeing as how their bringing the Camaro back pretty soon I'd say its almost a waste of money to pay alot more for basically a set of badges.

As far as A4 or M6,..thats really up to you and the way you drive! Autos ar nice and convienient if you live in a city and hit traffic pretty often. That and from a dead stop they launch better than a 6 speed. they have a tendancy to do better on 1/4 than 6 speeds.....BUT,.....a 6 speed will kick your *** tho from a roll as opposed to a dead stop drag. When I say from a roll I mean highway freeway racing. 6 speeds have also been reported to alot more fun and interesting to drive tho aswell. That and you'll always get that ******* who says that every muscle car should be a stick and....lol...... thats simply not true. But at least he whon't give you **** if you have a manual.

-A4s cant hang with 6 speeds from a roll,.... PERIOD!

-M6's will get their *** handed to them by a a built up and sometimes stock A4 from a dig

Personally,...I love my A4. I love it soo much that this is my second muscle car with one. I threw an auto in my 68 bird and loved it aswell. Never had a M6 with the same performance mods beat me yet at the track. The only ones who ever beat me are other autos.

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 10-10-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Teching In

thanks for all the info it really helps a lot. When you you say to pricey how much is too much i will definitely go with a black or red 6spd ss with ebony leather do you think it matters about the miles because ive found a few with around 5000 miles for around 27000 is this too much also what about if they have the rear center mount exhaust would it be better with or withought.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

the CME exhausts flow really well and are one of the quietest cat backs you will find. as for mileage you have to realize it is likely the low mileage cars, although not taken out often, are probably beat on pretty hard. if you can afford something like that go for it, but you will be happy with anything under 50k.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Teching In

so you're saying an ss with 30000 miles is still new. also i alway's figured the ones with higher miles were the ones that were abused.