New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking car in for 8pt, what else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking car in for 8pt, what else?

I have a 94 camaro with a 355 and 250 shot of nitrous. I am dropping the car off in the next couple days to get the 8pt bar installed, what else should I get done while I am there? I removed the HVAC system, so I am going to have him fab something up to cover the monster whole in my firewall. I dont have the seats in yet, so I am going to wait to have them installed. Should I have sub frame connectors installed too? Or wait for them, or how bad do I acually need them? Let me know whatelse. I hope to have the car running 10s by the end of next season.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

I'm interested in hearing the results for this one too as I'm going to put a bar or cage in mine. Are SFCs necessary with a cage? Probably depends on where fore and aft the plates are welded.
You probably want him to weld on some tabs for mounting seatbelt harnesses if you plan on running any in the future (I'm sure you've thought about that already though).
Old 10-16-2006, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Are you looking for just anything else to get done or stuff you might need? Subframes would be a good choice even with the 8 point.