Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette parts on z-28

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette parts on z-28

Does anyone know if its possable for parts like disk brakes, control arms, rear end, shocks, or any parts from a 1986 corvette to bolt up on a 1999 Z? My buddy has a bunch of stuff new and I can get it for next to nothing. Wondering what I could use to build up this Z28 a little.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

The rear wont fit at all. One is solid axle one isnt.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

its you have crazy fabrication skills...yes. if your paying someone to do it...HELL NO..rear end wise.. why would you put disc brakes from the mid 80s on to a late 90s car? seems like if would probably be a down grade. those brakes only had to stop 200hp...the factory probably never designed them to be able to handle 300+ hp adn teh speeds that come with that..nto to mention the heavier weight of a fbody.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

well im new to the domestic scene and not sure what will work with what. I thought people use rear ends from cars dated a while back and since this was froma vett I was thinking it might be somewhat compatable as well as of a decent performance. The rotors are new drilled and slotted. Everything was bought new to upgrade the stock parts on his 86 vett which he sold. Since he does not need them any more I can get them for next to nothing if anything could work.

I see now that it cant, so thanks for the info.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marthastewart
well im new to the domestic scene and not sure what will work with what. I thought people use rear ends from cars dated a while back and since this was froma vett I was thinking it might be somewhat compatable as well as of a decent performance. The rotors are new drilled and slotted. Everything was bought new to upgrade the stock parts on his 86 vett which he sold. Since he does not need them any more I can get them for next to nothing if anything could work.

I see now that it cant, so thanks for the info.
the corvette has irs...fbody has a solid axle...all of the mounting in the rear is completely different. its possible, jsut an insane amount of costly work.