New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts!

Old 11-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts!

Hello, with in the next year or two i plan on getting the slp air lip, filter, ls6 intake (possible fast 90/90), cat-back or X pipe, then last, a stall. Question is, should i think about replacing my 10 bolt AFTER, or BEFORE? I dont plan on taking it to the track anytime soon, but i hope someday. Its also an a4. Lemme know
Thanks
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 348 Posts

No need to replace your 10 bolt until you're in the 11's. You also do not need a 90/90 until you're over 450-500 rwhp. Automatic cars are a lot more forgiving on parts than a stick shift. Add in a set of long tube headers while you're at it. That'll help out a lot.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Being in the 11s have nothing to do with it. A full suspension car with slicks, some weight loss and minimal power gains could hit 11s, or a twin turbo street car running on street tires can do it, point being, some things are easier on the rear than others. The constant is that the rear sucks on stock power levels, if you can afford to do it before, I would. Specially because the stall that you get could compliment a different gear ratio ina built rear, -plus would wouldn't have to worry about it if you do it ahead of time.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Hmm... Maybe ill think about the rear then... I know if im goign to do the things to my car that i want to, then im going to need that rear eventually. But I figured i would be fine installing the other things first since i dont necciserrily take it to the track... ( hopefully one day ) Ill do some more read ups, and also, peoples info always helps =)

Search this Thread