Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 - What To Do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls2 - What To Do?

I just bought a totalled 05 GTO M6 and I am planning to put the drivetrain in my 69 Z28 (non original motor). I'm still about 6 months out from completing the camaro and I am trying to decide what route to take with the new motor.
Is the Edelbrock/MSD intake worth considering? Money is an issue and for what I can sell my parts for and not have to buy a new harness, this system would be cheaper and less complex. Also , the car will obviously have headers and dual exhaust (no cats), what esle besides nitrous could I affordably do to bump HP especially before putting the engine in the car? What cam would work best or do you have any other suggestions.
As you can see I am new to these engines and any advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated. I plan on keeping the car forever, so money and future upgrades will eventually come. Thanks
Old 12-18-2006, 08:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Please see the Conversions & Hybrids forum here, that is where this belongs.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried and did not get much of a response. Most people just want to impress you with their knowledge and not offer much help.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

The LS2 fits the exact same as an LS1, just a few sensors are in different places and those require adapter harnesses. Spend some time researching, all the info is here. There is even a sticky thread at the top of the conversions forum for putting an LSX into a 1st gen Camaro. You can also look at my previous project page: www.ExtremeG.net

I think you will find that most people would rather not answer a series of newbie questions, they prefer answering more specific questions after people have done a little research themselves. Also, try using the search feature.

Thanks