Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing an LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing an LS1

I just got the motor that will be going into my T/A and before I get ahead of myself I thought I would check w/ you guys.

I would be interested in some sort of guide whether written w/ pictures or video. I am visual (mildly retarded) So I need something I can look at.

Does anyone have their own walkthrough or guide or know where I can get one?

As far as the engine and tranny I am not too worried... I can get it in there. I have a hoist and bs but I am just worried about all those little fuel hookups and stuff.

Let me know, thanks!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when doing the hook up....leave all the bs wires till the end, the main pcm harness can be a bitch but just take your time, i went wires first, fuel second, vacuums last.....i dropped a 01 motor into my 99....MAKE SURE ALL YOUR GROUNDS ARE DOWN RIGHT
Old 12-21-2006, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by staringback05
when doing the hook up....leave all the bs wires till the end, the main pcm harness can be a bitch but just take your time, i went wires first, fuel second, vacuums last.....i dropped a 01 motor into my 99....MAKE SURE ALL YOUR GROUNDS ARE DOWN RIGHT
That's an awesome color car in your sig. Is it OEM?

I hate to ask this question but where the hell does the PCM plug into? I found a HUGE wiring harness in the rear near the elec antenna but It doesn't appear to go anywhere, I know that's not it but what the hell is that?, probably has 20-30 wires into it, and it's definitely original.

Anyway, if I shoot you some pics could you translate them for me? God computers make this life too easy sometimes.

Thanks for your time.

By the way, are you a cop?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

Also, what are good things to do while the motor is out of the car, either to the motor or the car itself. I can think of 1.5 million things I could have done on my LT1 but am quickly realizing LS1's are substantially better.

Last edited by kawasakiklx; 12-28-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Launching!

if you go on ebay, theres an ls1/ls6 guide to building your motor, I used it to swap my friends motor. Also, video record yourself taking it apart, and label all wires, hoses and lines. It will take a while but then your not wonder where everything goes. The wires in the trunk near the antenna is most likely the amp for your stereo. some good things to do would maybe upgrade that motor so don't have a hard time working on it later, heads, cam, headers, rotating assembly, or even maybe a k member and/or upper & lower a arms