New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i know this is such a cliche question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006 | 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used to train a fuel truck driver and I was curious about the same question... he said that it mostly all comes from the same places and dosen't matter too much. More important was what kinda gas they had that day then what gas station you got it from. I was sickend.
Old 12-29-2006 | 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
They sure do, but it's a on/off-type clutch that isn't streetable. I don't
want to go that route. I'm considering going with a 4R70W (auto).

I couldn't agree with you more and that is a very mature way to approach
it. 700rwhp will kill you if you don't respect it. However, 600hp does become commonplace and boring if you can believe it. It's a never
ending quest.

Sorry guys...

That kinda stinks though not being able to row through the gears, but I guess its better than having an unstreetable clutch or blowing up clutches on a constant basis. Are you turning it into a track only car or is the auto pretty tame on the street? Im guessing big stall? As for the power levels, Id rather slowly up my hp so when I get used to say 400 rwhp, I can then go for 450 rwhp, and so on instead of just building a 600-700 rwhp car, find out that its too much power or not streetable, and then have to demod or sell it off. Plus this way I can see what tires/suspension combo hooks at lower levels and go from there rather than trying to find out going from a 370 rwhp camaro to a 600-700 rwhp lsx powered vehicle. Im in desperate need of something fats though as my current cars are slow as **** lol.
Old 12-29-2006 | 10:41 AM
Launching!

Top Tier Gas retailers are the latest thing...

http://www.toptiergas.com/

Top Tier Detergent Gasoline

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is a recently established new standard for gasoline performance. Four of the world's top automakers, BMW, General Motors, Honda, and Toyota recognize that the current EPA minimum detergent requirements do not go far enough to ensure optimal engine performance.

Since the minimum additive performance standards were first established by EPA in 1995, most gasoline marketers have actually reduced the concentration level of detergent additive in their gasoline by up to 50%. As a result, the ability of a vehicle to maintain stringent Tier 2 emission standards have been hampered, leading to engine deposits which can have a big impact on in-use emissions and driver satisfaction.

These automakers have raised the bar. TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline help drivers avoid lower quality gasoline which can leave deposits on critical engine parts, which reduces engine performance. That’s something both drivers and automakers want to avoid.

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.

Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Shell-Canada
Texaco
Petro-Canada
Old 12-29-2006 | 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

hey super sport, just want to add off topic that ur car is sweet!
Old 12-29-2006 | 03:06 PM
Launching!

Thanks!