New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix bad connection with low fan or powertrain module?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fix bad connection with low fan or powertrain module?

Ok.... I just had a diagnostic test done today... The diagnostic computer at first was not reading my firebird... Here I was thinking the worst... crap now I was thinking I had a bad problem with my computer.

But you know I knew eva was always a good car and never had ne problems except maybe minor interior or headlight malfunctons... Neways It turned out it was just a bad fuse in the main fuse connection line.... Thank you lord..lol neways... The only thing wrong is a bad connection with the low fan.... or possibly but unlikely the powertrain module connection.... Which I hope is not the case.... :-I Soooo finally I get to the ?????????????????????

How would I get to the fan to take it apart and put it back to clean the connection/...... Hoping this is the only thing i have to do??[
Old 12-30-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You threw a code? If so what was it? Some info on your car will help answer your question quicker...
Old 12-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Teching In

yah it had to do with one of these....

P0480 Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0481 Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0482 Cooling Fan 3 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0485 Cooling Fan Power/Ground Circuit Malfunction cant remember which one it threw!!! but so far thats the only code its ever had a prob....

More specifaclly the "low fan" ?? there seems to be a connection problem like maybe the signals arnt always being sent properly to turn on the cooling fan.... What i needed to know was I need to take apart the fan and put it back together.... try and clean up the connection see if theres corrosion..... So I need to know where to locate the fan first... Seems I dont know where to look!!! ;-P so hope this makes sense now....lol

Thanks

M.P
Old 12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Each fan has an electrical connector if that's what your wanting to check - don't think there's a need to take the fans apart, or even if that's possible? Looked up the codes and only recognize the first two - don't know your year so looked at www.gearchatter.com for a 2K model. Visit their site maybe you can find the answer there.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Default cool!

yah you were def a help... very awesome! My firebird is a 99 so alot of that makes sense... to some extent... Thanks sooo much your totally cool!

M.P
Old 01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

Yea get the exact code and work from there. Then post in the External Forum you should get some more responses. Or you could also try the PCM forum there are a lot of code gurus over there.