New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painless Wiring Perfect Hi-RPM Ls1 system... Anyone Tryed it Feed back???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painless Wiring Perfect Hi-RPM Ls1 system... Anyone Tryed it Feed back???

http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...d738cbd5ed0493

Good Idea or bad idea..? Anyone ever try one of there kits before on the Ls1 M6 5.7 04 GTO before?? I just recently purchased my GTO and have 2 grand to invest in the engine and was recently showed this upgrade and was wondering about prior owners of the car and if it worked for them or if they had problems with the parts anyway id love for some feedback or knowledge on what kind of upgrades I should do for the most power out of my car for the 2g's...
Old 01-18-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cam and some wires for fifteen hundred bones lol. Their one of our sponsers so I don't want to knock them. Advertised as a custom tune? If you want a cam you can get an entire kit for half that. Cam, springs, retainers, pushrods, timing chain and pay to get it installed and a custom tune for around what they're asking for the painless system. Check out some of their other cams/ valvetrain, browse around the forum maybe look at some cammed cars and figure out what you consider streetable.The 224/224 is a popular cam btw but it's very mild. Even if you're looking for a streetable cam IMO your you're leaving alot on the table going with one that small. I'm looking for about a 23x/23x probably on the lower end of that. The bigger you go the more strenuous it's going to be on the springs. Dual springs help with that prc's are popular. Some lobe profiles help spring longevity. The cam guide sticky in the ls1/ls6 internal section's got some good info and you can look at the dyno section to see what other's have got with different setups.

Last edited by greysteel_M6; 01-19-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks man Yea Iam still looking at what to do and need ideas i want alot of power out of my car were i can feel the difference and have 2g's to spend on setup and installation so i could use the advice on the 04 gto thanks guys.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

You want to start with intake and exhaust. Get long tubes and better true duals. Get all the boltons. It will create a solid foundation for later modding. Then you can start to think about cam, springs, pushrods, retainers, oil pump, timing chain, install kit, for a cam setup. That kit you mentioned is severly overpriced you should be able to find the same parts for much less from another sponser, like TSP or Thunder Racing.