New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parking tips?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to do the same when i first got my car but after a couple of door dings you stop caring as much
Old 02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AxlDrivEsZ28's
keeping parking far away...walking is good for you. also, don't tailgate..causes rock chips in the front of your car..
I live in a small town but somehow people still tail gate me , you know what i do, I Floor it on a Red light and that keeps them from tail gating cause chances are its some dumb person who wants you to go fast and when you do it from a stop well we all know what happens. LOL
Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Stuff's just gonna happen, man. All you can really do is park far away - you'll suck it up and walk if you really love your car. =P

You just can't stop stupid people. Just two months ago, my car was parked and I was inside working, and someone driving a van backed into my car. Caused 3,500$ in damage - and this is on a military base.

At any rate, good luck.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

each of my tires deserves a parking spot... cops dont seem to mind either ive talked to a few and they said as long as no one complains im good. i also park as far away as possible even in the rain or snow.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At school, at work, I always park away from everyone, its worth the walk. My car has 51k and I do not have any dings and it is a DD.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually park at the very end of a parking row, that way you can park one side of ur car over that line and no one will park next to you on that side, and the people who park on the other side wont be too close to ur car,

here you go, these dumb asses, represented by red Xs, think they can park close to you and **** up your car , so you park at the edges and park as close as you can giving yourself enough room to get out. Works for me . But sometimes, just sometimes, people are SOOOOOO stupid that they will still park close to you
Old 02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by osvaldo
I usually park at the very end of a parking row, that way you can park one side of ur car over that line and no one will park next to you on that side, and the people who park on the other side wont be too close to ur car,

here you go, these dumb asses, represented by red Xs, think they can park close to you and **** up your car , so you park at the edges and park as close as you can giving yourself enough room to get out. Works for me . But sometimes, just sometimes, people are SOOOOOO stupid that they will still park close to you

that is what i do all the time... or if i'm like at a store or whatever for a few minutes where i have my eyes on my car i take up two spots. and if i see someone ready to be a dick and do something to my car, i am ready for action. but at the park though i'll be there for like an hour and take two spots, but i have a good view of my car and like i said if see some dick ready to do something to my car, i'm ready for action!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Its a fact of life, dings are going to happen. I was paranoid as hell when I first got my car. But, my T/A is a DD and heck we can all use the excercise, so I guess just enjoy the long walks.