Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parking tips?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking tips?

hi i only use my t/a once a week. during the week shes under a cover parked very close to a wall to avoid people parking close to me and leaving me surprise dings(i live in an apartment). my car is in mint condition, no dings at all(53,404mi). thats why i try to care and preserve her as long as possible. and when i do take her out, i park far from everyone.

heres the thing:
1.i'm sick of driving my girlfriends piece of **** 93 honda civic for 6 days/week
2.i just wanna drive my t/a all the time now.
3. i'm sick of wasting time parking far from everyone

but:
i hate dings!
i would like to park where ever i wanted without worrying about dings.

do you guys have any tips for me? perhaps i can keep something in my car that relieves dings the minute i see it? and a tube of touch up paint. i heard of "ding king" what do u guys know about it? thanks guys
Old 02-03-2007, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

i have ding king..more like ding *****...It sucks yo..just park from everyone..i do..
Old 02-03-2007, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

dings are gonna happen if you drive it everyday. get over it. its not like you are driving some kind of exotic sports car man. its a friggin f-body. if you screw it up, you just have a really good excuse to get a new (better) paint job.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

all you can do is park far away.....but dont park too far away or double park or you may get vandalized
Old 02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

yea just park around nice cars or further away, but I wouldnt not drive your car because your afraid of it, you paid for it might as well use it
Old 02-03-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default .

Thats prolly the best that you are going to get at an apartment complex, unless you have the covered single garages like some apartments have. I'm extremely paranoid when I park mine. If I take it to work, I will either take 2 spots sideways next to rotting truck, and take an orange contruction cone and put it on the other side of the car. Or I open up the gated / barbed wire outdoor car storage area, and lock my car up begind the gate if I am the only person there. And if I go to a store, I get 1 unlucky person to go w/ me and I have them stay with the car in the parking lot and put them on "guard" duty, or I will wait for them. I'm just really paranoid about my car since it is the biggest investment I have made in my life, It's low miles, dent free, and I plan to keep it that way, lol
Old 02-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Teching In

keeping parking far away...walking is good for you. also, don't tailgate..causes rock chips in the front of your car..
Old 02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

just park next to really nice cars most people dont want to ding up there car either
Old 02-03-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Thats prolly the best that you are going to get at an apartment complex, unless you have the covered single garages like some apartments have. I'm extremely paranoid when I park mine. If I take it to work, I will either take 2 spots sideways next to rotting truck, and take an orange contruction cone and put it on the other side of the car. Or I open up the gated / barbed wire outdoor car storage area, and lock my car up begind the gate if I am the only person there. And if I go to a store, I get 1 unlucky person to go w/ me and I have them stay with the car in the parking lot and put them on "guard" duty, or I will wait for them. I'm just really paranoid about my car since it is the biggest investment I have made in my life, It's low miles, dent free, and I plan to keep it that way, lol
Those are some of the most paranoid things Ive heard of. Thats pretty extreme taking an extra person to the store to "gaurd" the car.LOL
Then there are the idiots who will mess with a car because it is taking up two parking spots.
I just try to park at the end of a row or i just park away from everyone.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

In a parking lot, park and walk. You'll notice other nice cars doing that too. Grandma always parks up front cause she don't want to walk, and she don't care about your ride. If you see someone else parking far away, park right next to them. At least one side of your car is safe. The other thing is that you might get paint chips but not door dings and dents because the only metal fenders on the car are the rear ones. The doors and front fenders are plastic, dent resistant. Use a magnet, it will only stick to the rear fenders.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
Those are some of the most paranoid things Ive heard of. Thats pretty extreme taking an extra person to the store to "gaurd" the car.LOL
Then there are the idiots who will mess with a car because it is taking up two parking spots.
I just try to park at the end of a row or i just park away from everyone.
Well, the "guard" I learned from my dad. Whenever he would take any of his cars out when I was little, I was always told to stay back and guard it. And I understand why. 90% of people in parking lots just don't give a ****. It can be really nice, clean, or rare. People don't care. Compared to my dad's cars, my bird is like owning a rotted out Honda civic. Then I got my bird, hell yeah i'm paranoid, it's mint, it's the nicest thing I have ever owned, I payed for everything myself, and do all the work on it myself. It's my baby. I've parked far away from people w/ my other ride, parked next to expensive cars, did it all, and it has been to the body shop 3 times from people who just don't give a ****. Thats why the bird doesn't get parked in parking lots unless someone is w/ the car at all times. I don't worry about damage w/ 2 parking spots because I only do that at work, and if **** happens, I would just keep their car till it was resolved. I'm an *** that way

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 02-04-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

You can't have a nice car and park it in public. Sad but true. If you must park it in public, like I rarely do, I park as far away as possible from the mass of people.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ghardester
In a parking lot, park and walk. You'll notice other nice cars doing that too. Grandma always parks up front cause she don't want to walk, and she don't care about your ride. If you see someone else parking far away, park right next to them. At least one side of your car is safe. The other thing is that you might get paint chips but not door dings and dents because the only metal fenders on the car are the rear ones. The doors and front fenders are plastic, dent resistant. Use a magnet, it will only stick to the rear fenders.

doors are not plastic, they are fiberglass
Old 02-03-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your best bet is to park it far away and just walk. I always look for a nice car in the lot, that probably tried to park far away from everyone else too. I used to daily drive my car and always did this, I only got one mark on my door and it isn't even a ding. Just need to be careful, I don't think there really is anything else you can do.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

I only park the car if Im goin into somewhere to grab a coffee and be back out in 2 minutes. LOL, Im fairly paranoid myself, in almost 4 yrs ownership, it has only sat outside over night once! I try not to park it anywhere, people can't be trusted!

The best was last Hallowe'en, it was pretty nice out, a few friends were goin down to the lake and i figured itd be a great trip out in the TA. I got a wierd feeling before we left(it IS halloween) so i said the hell with it, keep the TA here, my bro starts railin me for not driving the car. So we go to the park and chill. As were leaving, I walk up towards my other car and all i see are two idiots running down the street away from me and my buddies and they have about 3 dozen eggs with them(12 eggs already thrown, none at my car, but my buddies talon got f&^ked!). Luckily we came when we did, for my ride anyways, but I can only imagine what would have been done to the TA, people have no respect
Old 02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

My car got egged and I about ****. I saw someone kick a dent in my bumper and immediately I whipped out my baseball bat from my trunk and gave them a new paint job and a reason to get new windows.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

I would just bite the bullet and drive your girlfriends car, or buy a beater. Don't listen to some of these guys and keep your Trans-Am nice.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

As my friend found out durring a parking lot fender benter.. all accidents in parking lots are 50/50.
Meening that if someone launches their car from the other side of the parking and bullseyes you're baby... he's only going to pay 1/2 the damages.
IE: the damages on his car. (1/2 the vehicals involved)

And if you don't call the cops to have them look at the car and doa report before you leave the parking lot or move the car, they might not do anything for you. =\

It might not be the same every state/country to live in, but I'd rather not find out the hardway.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

If you plan on driving, plan on chips/dings. It happens. If you can't deal with that, then don't drive the car/leave it parked anywhere. Best advice I can give is to take care of the paint. I wax/polish mine just about once a month. Not so much for the "bling", but to "keep the paint soft" which helps to absorb impact of small rocks, etc. instead of leaving a fresh white mark where the paint used to be.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dudes, you got it all wrong, just get your hands on a handicap parking pass, those spaces are huge. And your ride is up front.