Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a bullitt mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a bullitt mustang

I was talking to girl at my school , and she was wanting to know what kind of car I drove. I told her and she mentioned that her boyfriend had a mustang bullitt. I have never heard of one before. i was wondering if this was just a gt with a appearance package. I am just wondering what these are like . Thanks in advance for any replies

Jamie
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

It's just another GT...I believe it had a special intake that gave it like 5 horsepower.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah just minor appearance stuff. I believe they're all dark green, but I'm not for sure.

Oh and btw, search is your friend. Hell google it.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its mainly spoiler delete, different grille?, fuel cap?, and those sweet TTD looking wheels. They were a throw back to the 68 fast back in the old movie of the same name. Forgive me if I'm wrong on the details...not a ford guy...but yeah you r on the right track.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Think it got a diff exhaust also...I actually like them.....real subtle.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

cool. so it would not be too different than racing a regular mustang.... being a Gt of course
Old 03-09-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They come with subframes difference suspension Corbra brakes, Cobra intake and throttle body different muffler, I think even different gearing. My neighbor has one Ford only claimed 5hp but it is more than that I saw dyno sheets from his. But it isnt that much faster that a GT...
Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ask BULITT. he'll tell you that they've got 900 horsepower more than a stock cobra. They're actually just basically a GT with a bodykit.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually liked that movie. Even though its a stang,......can't ever say anything negative about Steve Mcqeen and the ****'n awsome San Fransisco chase scene! (If your a gearhead then you've watched this movie!!)

Anyways,....You can bitch slap a "Bullit" in a stock trim F-body! Its no different than taking on a GT!! Seriously! Its a GT w/ an additional 5k price tag attached witch intales, rims, highland green paint job, slightly better intake(I think), Crome bezzels on the interior, better air filter, 1" drop suspention, and a Bullit badge so that you can walk around like a moron and brag about having a "Bullit"!! Its really only just 5-10 hp over a GT.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Raced one thinking itwas something special.....It was nothing trust me spank his car and take his girl
Old 03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Actually A Bullet Is A Gt With A Na Cobra Motor, Instead Of A 4.6 Sohc Its A 4.6 Dohc And They Run Alot Better, Its More Like 45-60hp Difference!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

I say that you race him! ...

just another opportunity to take down a stang!!Smilylazer
Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bullitt's were available in Black and A Dark Blue Also my Buddy had No 5601 which was the last Dark Highland Green one built.
I drove it it was a nice car but like all Mustangs it lacked the torque of an LS1.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1badgsx
Actually A Bullet Is A Gt With A Na Cobra Motor, Instead Of A 4.6 Sohc Its A 4.6 Dohc And They Run Alot Better, Its More Like 45-60hp Difference!
I'm actually gonna look it up now cuz I REALLY doubt that. My dad almost bought one(mustang family,..the Shame!! ) and decided not to cuz he said " Its just a ******* "pretty" GT!" His words,.Not mine!
Old 03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Cobra intake, cobra motor, just a body, kit? SOM02WS6 is just about right only thing wrong is that it can't have a cobra intake they're not compatible with 2v heads. It does have real ram air over the fake scoops on the GT’s They dyno a little higher than GT's (maybe 5-10 rwhp) with a decent driver can hit very high 13's but it is much better at handling which it was designed for. They Actually out handled the 99 an 01 cobras even with a solid rear because it had less weight up front because it used the lighter 2v engine.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Are you sure you're not thinking of a Mach 1??
Old 03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not True 4.6 SOHC with differnt upper intake and thats's it claimed as 5 hp but prbably made more
The later `03-up Mach 1's are the same setup as a bullit but with the NA Cobra Engine.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

every one else has already told you the basics and they're right it is just another GT with and apperance package it came in highland green ,sonic blue and black the easy way to tell is that 1 it will say it on the back but most of us never see the tail end of one and 2 they have a polish alumn. gas tank door all in all there not that big of a deal
Old 03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by stangnet.com
The heart of Bullitt GT is a 4.6L SOHC V-8 modified to improve airflow and reduce parasitic loses. It produces at least 270 horsepower and significantly more torque than the Mustang GT engine. Modifications include:

Twin 57mm bore throttle body
Cast aluminum intake manifold
High flow mufflers for increased power and aggressive performance sound
Optimized alternator and pump pulley ratios
Bullitt's suspension translates this power into crisp road manners. The vehicle is lowered three-fourths of an inch to generate a firmer, better-balanced ride and improved handling characteristics. The performance-handling package includes:

Re-valved Tokico struts and shocks
Unique stabilizer bars (front and rear)
Frame rail connectors
Thirteen-inch Brembo front rotors and performance calipers provide excellent stopping capability. The calipers are painted red and are visible through the 17-inch wheels spokes when the car is parked or when it is cruising the streets of San Francisco.
there you have it...
Old 03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

www.mustang.net

" The 2001 Bullitt features exterior enhancements that visually and emotionally connect it to the 1968 Fastback from the film. These modifications include unique side scoops, 17-inch Bullitt-style aluminum wheels and a lowered suspension.

The C-pillars and quarter panel molding have been modified to create a unique look. Rocker-panel moldings enhance the low-to-the-ground appearance. A bold, brushed aluminum fuel filler door is prominently placed on the quarter panel.

Bullitt badging and polished-rolled tailpipe tips further distinguish the car. Bullitt is available in Dark Highland Green, True Blue and Black.

The heart of Bullitt GT is a 4.6L SOHC V-8 modified to improve airflow and reduce parasitic loses. It produces at least 270 horsepower and significantly more torque than the Mustang GT engine. Modifications include:

Twin 57mm bore throttle body
Cast aluminum intake manifold
High flow mufflers for increased power and aggressive performance sound
Optimized alternator and pump pulley ratios
Bullitt's suspension translates this power into crisp road manners. The vehicle is lowered three-fourths of an inch to generate a firmer, better-balanced ride and improved handling characteristics. The performance-handling package includes:

Re-valved Tokico struts and shocks
Unique stabilizer bars (front and rear)
Frame rail connectors
Thirteen-inch Brembo front rotors and performance calipers provide excellent stopping capability. The calipers are painted red and are visible through the 17-inch wheels spokes when the car is parked or when it is cruising the streets of San Francisco.

"Bullitt is quick off the line, handles great, stops fast and shifts easily with improved pedal relationship," says Art Hyde, Mustang chief program engineer. "This is the best performing GT we have ever produced."

Inside, Bullitt features performance bucket seats with Dark Charcoal leather trim. A brushed aluminum shifter ball, shifter bezel, door sill plates with Bullitt nomenclature and aluminum pedal covers accent the interior's performance appearance. The instrument cluster is a modern interpretation of 1960s design and offers unique curved numeric speedometer graphics and a white-lit background. "

$3,695. MSRP (i was over by $1,305 when I said 5K.....lol!!!)

Quick Reply: What is a bullitt mustang