New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow be careful this sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i know its off topic but QUOTE (No doubt most of you have laid in bed at night, hearing the cars/bikes until 4:00am. It isn't enjoyable after a 10 hour day at work ) i love the sound of loud cars at night!!!! it makes me sleep like a baby after a long hard day at work!!!! i vote for realy realy loud exhaust!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
public urination for 200 alex..
answer:
this law states that opening your pants and discharging bodlily waste in a public scenario is illegal and possibly a viloation that could lead to other violations such as public indecency or weilding a deadly wepon.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GregD63
Unless I am at the drag strip, I never hear a car that is as loud as a Harley. On the other stuff, get a lawyer. If you were street racing, just sell your car. Buy an old Cadillac and put a set of glasspacks on it.
no ****, the cops arounnd here will bust teenagers and what not that have loud exhausts, most with mufflers, just loud as ****. But they wont touch a harley with 36 inch drag pipes crusing through town at 50 mph in 3rd gear.........
Old 03-18-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bww3588
no ****, the cops arounnd here will bust teenagers and what not that have loud exhausts, most with mufflers, just loud as ****. But they wont touch a harley with 36 inch drag pipes crusing through town at 50 mph in 3rd gear.........
Its the same thing here. Bull ****.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

thats because we are easyer to catch.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

I must say I agree. Locally the supervisors have been trying to get them to crackdown more on the bikers, but most of the traffic enforcement is done by motorcycle officers, and the officers think it looks bad to write a fellow biker, like a break int he "brothahood" or something. I disagree, but oh well. Give them a Crown Vic and have them go to town.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
I must say I agree. Locally the supervisors have been trying to get them to crackdown more on the bikers, but most of the traffic enforcement is done by motorcycle officers, and the officers think it looks bad to write a fellow biker, like a break int he "brothahood" or something. I disagree, but oh well. Give them a Crown Vic and have them go to town.
it pisses me off to see even a ricer get popped for a loud exhaust, and while the cop is writing the ticket, a group of harleys goes by and he waves and salutes like its the president's motorcade.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Ask a biker and most will say the loud exhaust keeps them from getting run into, which isn't a bad excuse and has some truth to it.

Also I have no idea what that first ticket is for... I think one of the words is side... maybe it is window tint?

Brian
Old 03-18-2007, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Ask a biker and most will say the loud exhaust keeps them from getting run into, which isn't a bad excuse and has some truth to it.

Also I have no idea what that first ticket is for... I think one of the words is side... maybe it is window tint?

Brian
Loud Pipes Save Lives, so, shouldnt that hold true for cars too? i dont want to hear the excuse that cars are bigger than motorcycles because trains are bigger than cars and their horns are loud as ****.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Loud Pipes Save Lives, so, shouldnt that hold true for cars too? i dont want to hear the excuse that cars are bigger than motorcycles because trains are bigger than cars and their horns are loud as ****.
LOL... Well motorcycles are easier to overlook, I'm not agreeing with their logic so much because you can't usually hear them coming so much, rather going...

Anyway, what I think your suggestion is that they mandate motorcycles have huge train air horns...

Brian
Old 03-18-2007, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

LOL... Well motorcycles are easier to overlook, I'm not agreeing with their logic so much because you can't usually hear them coming so much, rather going...

Anyway, what I think your suggestion is that they mandate motorcycles have huge train air horns...

Brian
no my suggestion was, just because they are smaller doesnt mean they need to be louder, and we are bigger so we dont need to be louder. which is BS. actully, if anyone wants to argue against a loud exhaust, provided ALL the emissions equipement is in place, a louder exhaust flows better, which in turn provides BETTER gas mileage. so the bleading heart liberals and Al Gore should be trying to make every car as loud as possible to cut down on oil comsumption.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

I can't read
Old 03-18-2007, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

no my suggestion was, just because they are smaller doesnt mean they need to be louder, and we are bigger so we dont need to be louder. which is BS. actully, if anyone wants to argue against a loud exhaust, provided ALL the emissions equipement is in place, a louder exhaust flows better, which in turn provides BETTER gas mileage. so the bleading heart liberals and Al Gore should be trying to make every car as loud as possible to cut down on oil comsumption.
No I got your suggestion; I was making a joke, apparently not a good one!

Brian
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

No I got your suggestion; I was making a joke, apparently not a good one!

Brian
i get worked up over **** like this.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
You deserve it, and I'm glad you got caught. I hope you spend 10 grand on a lawyer, and the officer shows up to court. Owned.

The risk you put every other citizen in is enormous, and I hope you learned your lesson. I had the pleasure of receiving a 12 point Grand Auto Contest citation when I was 16. Changed my life forever. I haven't been in a street race since, haven't gotten a speeding ticket since, haven't been pulled over since. And I always thought, well I'm safe, I'm smart about it. And I thought a good friend of mine was too. Today he's in prison for Vehicular Manslaughter, and that's where he will be for the next 15 years of his life. I'm glad I learned my lesson with a $80 citation, a year without my license, and double the insurance rates. It's saved me 15 years of my life, and made the rest of society a safer place.

As for the loud muffler, good luck. Of the 2 a month our department writes on average, I haven't seen one get canceled since I've worked here (2+ years now), and more than half are appealed. An officer DOES NOT have to prove it was too loud. Him saying it was louder than the reasonable person would expect a stock unmodified automobile to be is reason enough to cite you on the offense, EVEN IF the exhaust is stock. Yes, a car manufacturer can sell a car that breaks the law in stock unmodified form. Look at the Z06. At full throttle, it breaks the sound ordinances in most states that have them at a certain decibel level.
Shut up stupid weve all gotten in our fair share of trouble hes just lookin for a little bit of help, so take your *** somewhere else
Old 03-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Banned

As of right now, you're the one who looks pretty ******* stupid.

I still have my car.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

now now.....lets not start a pissing match guys......
Old 03-18-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

well, i gotta say ol' fiero boy comes up in this thread talkin' a bit to obnoxiously and over arrogant, talk about a brotherhood of bikers, what about the lsx brotherhood? fiero boy, as a fellow bretheren, you should try to help out another brother, even if he has done some dumb ****, acknowledge his mistake without sounding like a pompass jackass and help show him ways to move on and improve, and stop talking about how you don't make many mistakes, there ain't nothin' nobody hates more than a whinin', self flatterin', wannabe perfectionist, with that said.......the individual who started this thread, well, hulk hogan says "say your prayers and take your vitamins" and ya better invest in company who makes soap products that come on a hangin' apparatus cause from the looks of your 'predickament' your up ***** creek brother and johnnie cochran ain't in the practice no more so find someone who can work miracles and give him your money, ...the end!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man this is definitly a learning phase, too bad we aren't all born with infinite wisdom on what not to do. After this one at least you will be a safer driver, to that is whole point of having the laws, just kind of puts you in your place so to speak. Can't knock you though I got my first and last ticket for reckless operation (tires went "chirp" at a red light) its off my record but I won't do that **** again regardless. Karma is a mother so don't worry about if someone on here has an unsupportive view or opinion. Just drive on hooah........
Old 03-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned

He makes the responsible among us look bad.

He took it upon himself to endanger the lives of others, without conscience of the aftermath. And now that the aftermath is on his front door, he's trying to weasel out of it, just so he can go **** up again.

He makes me look bad. I drive my LS1, with stock exhaust mind you, reasonably, responsibly, and in a manner that which I enjoy it tremendously. Because of people like him, the cops are already staring me down every time I leave a stop light, almost expecting me to drop a gear and hold it sideways through 3rd gear. But I don't. My friends know it'll rip a high 12, as do I. But it'll do so at the track, without risking the lives of everyone else. To the people that can't understand this, aka thread starter, I wish them nothing but trouble with the law. It will make the world a better place for you and for me.

Quick Reply: wow be careful this sucks