New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car jerking! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just pulled off the lid and used compressed air to clean the screen out of the debris. Then we just took some air intake cleaner and sprayed it into the throttle body, exercised the valve body and wiped it out. Was black as hell.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good for you... sounds like that should do it! i'll bring mine to the shop this week. do let me know though if your car starts jerking again...
Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to throw this in here I have the same problem. I have a 99 3.8 and when I get around 45-50 it starts to shake. I was thinking it could be a fuel injector, but I havent looked into it that much.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Launching!

additional info: i notice this only happens when i'm going up hill
Old 04-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Launching!

alright guys, i finally gave up and couldn't take my car in pain no more... i'm at the dealership... i'm buddies with the older muscle guy fanatic here
(he's good, not trying to rip me off. i do know some ****)and i'm no where near being a mechanic. so i'm here. he really recommended the $92 estimate to put it on the computer, scan codes etc. then we can see whats wrong... $92 hurts, but knowing my baby will be better is $92 well spent. will let you all know whats up in 3 hours... taking advantage of dealership perks... mmm coffee, biscuits, internet, shuttle service and drulling over the VIPER. later
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Launching!

okay results are in! after scanning codes, computers, test drives etc. they said my car is in perfect condition! what the hell??? i was pissed! i told them my car sputters up hill at 2000 rpm at 40+mph pussyfooting 5 mins after starting my car up! so we test drove it again w/ me in car this time! my car ran good. i'm so pissed and the guy says, "well, ofcourse it sputters up hill after 5 minutes of starting up ***** footing at 2000 rmp at 40 mph!" "sputtering is normal at those conditions" he says!! he also says to warm up my car 5 mins in the morning. but i say i start my car up and drive under 2000rpm until normal temp and he says thats bad! the car will sputter because a small block is not use to cruising at loww rpms, he says!! what the ****? u guys believe this ****? so $92 for nothing!!! i was pissed! and get this, on my way home my car SPUTTERS!!!!!! i was so pissed i felt ripped! i called another pontiac place and i explained all mentioned above^ and the guy says"when scanning codes, computers etc. your suppose to recreate those conditions in which your experiencing the problems" w/c they didnt!!!!! i ******* told the guy before the tests that im experiencing this bullshit at 2000 rpms uphill at 40+mph! so if he knew about this sputtering is normal at low rpms **** then why did he test my car for $92 when he couldve said its normal! and i know when they tested my car that they didnt recreate the conditions where the probs occur! cause when i spoke to the guy that did the tests he said " i drove it hard!" ******* bastard!! after all that my car smelt like **** from him driving it and they put 20 miles on my car and i waited 2 1/2 hours!!! i'm furious. i called the manager a couple of mins ago and he said dont worry bout the 92$ bring back the car tomorrow and we'll have you recreate the conditions free! i felt like they just took me in and said we'll do the tests, and got me out. but the testing quality was poor! sorry for the illiteracy and foul language but im typing as i go and im really PISSED. thank you
Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Launching!

why the hell did they wanna scan my codes etc. when my service engine light isnt on? **** those guys man. he says "scanning and hooking the computer up will figure it out" yeah bullSHIT!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Launching!

oh did i mention that the guy that tested my car said he drove my car HARD and put 20miles on it?????????
were talking about a Pontiac Dealership service center here. not pep boys or pepe's auto repair... unbelievable
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Launching!

anyways i'm going to chillis to pound some beers in me, my girlfriends buying... leave some comments though. later (still pissed)
Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Launching!

i'm so drunk. and depressed over my car. **** thr dealer ship! im gonna have sex now
Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Is your service engine light on? If the SES light on hasn't come on then there are probably no stored codes to be read. Don't spend your money checking for codes if the light isn't on.
Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you an "I told you so" on that.

Quick Reply: car jerking! HELP!