Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it ever ride the same?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it ever ride the same?

As you can see in my sig, my car has been in an accident. To make a long story short, basically an 80 year old lady pulled out in traffic and decided to stop in the middle of the street. Faced with on-coming traffic, i couldnt swerve left (being that I was in the far inside lane of a six lane road) and there was a car beside me that braked at the same time so I couldnt swerve right either. So my baby had to take the hit... busted the fender, hood, radiator support, dr. side frame rail, f**ked the suspension and other little here and theres...

Anyway, her insurance didnt total it and is paying for all of it and its almost done at the body shop....
Will it ever ride the same again? Has anyone had a similar accident? If so, how does your car ride now?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

my ss had been totaled when it was 2 years old. it drives perfectly straight all the way up to 130. not a singal vibration. i say 130 since i havent taken it faster.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With just front end damage like you have pictured I don't see why it wouldn't ride just fine when taken back out. If you have structural damage underneath that can't be seen from the picture, it remains to be seen wether it will ride the same again or not.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

If it doesn't ride the same take a case straight to the insurance company make them hand you a new car, did they claim 100% fault on the old lady? Ride them for whatever makes you happy.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

wow man same thing happened to my TA and it has sucked since, i locked my breaks up before hittin the dude taht pulled out in front of me and my brakes have nvr worked the same since so make sure that ur calipers and possibly even lines get replaced, but besides my brakes the car looks handles and rode fine when done but my shop took 41 days to fix mine and i had 13k worth of dmg
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the damage is only what you said than chances are it will ride the same as always, and it also might depend on the body shop

+1 on replacing the calipers and break lines
Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

if the car has an accident and it is repaired is should ride the same.. if i dont the bodyshop is.. bad..

my car is a salvage title.. and it one of the best F body's i have ever driven
Old 04-25-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if done right then no worries but if done wrong then definelty don't stand for it
Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

I would replace the whole K member, with a tubular one.

That would be the only thing I can think about that would effect the suspension geometry after a front end collision.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

here in iceland most Fbody's come in pieces, they are just fixed well, in good body shops with good parts, salvage car that is proberly fixed should not be any worse than non salvage car,
Old 04-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys... im just so concerned that she will never be the same, im only twenty and i work my *** off for that car and it just pisses me off that it can all be ruined by the fact that some old fart (who i just found out from the police report has a restriction on her license for glasses and i remember that she wasnt wearing them that day) cant drive. Guess ill have to give up on that fact that it will never have a good value again... damn....
Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by wzup1000
Guess ill have to give up on that fact that it will never have a good value again... damn....

Dont worry about that...Enjoy your car, get it fixed and just enjoy it. You should save your car and maybe hand it downt to your kids one day. Thats what I plan to do.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

(who i just found out from the police report has a restriction on her license for glasses and i remember that she wasnt wearing them that day) cant drive.
Actually her restriction is for corrective lenses. It's very possible she was wearing contact lenses.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Launching!

but seriously, the report says that she was 86 years old... im pretty sure she doesnt wear contacts... but i could be wrong...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Werd i don't don't too many 86 yr olds that wear contacts...lol

I hope everything works out for you bro... my last T/A had been previously wrecked and the carfax checked out ok. It was only then 3 weeks later did I find out it had been wrecked and I ended up selling it and buying a more expensive, lower milage T/A to reduce suspicion of it being previously wrecked.... Try getting a daily driver, that should reduce the amount of time your car is on the road hence less chance of being in a wreck with your trans am.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys... im just so concerned that she will never be the same, im only twenty and i work my *** off for that car and it just pisses me off that it can all be ruined by the fact that some old fart (who i just found out from the police report has a restriction on her license for glasses and i remember that she wasnt wearing them that day) cant drive. Guess ill have to give up on that fact that it will never have a good value again... damn....

i know what you mean, just try to get it repaired at a workshop that has somne experiance in those cars,

my car was imported from the us almost new as a flood damaged, it was repaired and is one of the tigthest Fbodys that i have driven