New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Gas Prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Gas Prices

I will make my point quickly for those who do not desire to read on and then I will explain why similar plans were flawed and never had a chance to work.

Here is how to get lower gasoline prices: All gasoline consumers will boycott BP gas stations until their prices are 10 cents lower than the lowest price of Exxon/Mobil and Shell (Royal Dutch Shell). Once BP has dropped their prices, consumers then boycott Exxon/Mobil until their prices are 10 cents lower than the lowest of the three competitors. The third boycott is aimed at Shell and once they are 10 cents lower than the lowest competitor, the cycle starts over, until all retailers are at $1.50 per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline.

Now, for those who want to read the rationale, here it is:

Years ago, an e-mail urged us to boycott gas stations for a day, which seemed like a nice idea, but guess what happened the next day? Everybody gassed up their vehicles and the oil companies, though inconvenienced, still got every penny they normally would have received.

My idea uses the principle of competition among businesses by allowing the consumers to make a statement of what they are willing to withstand.

The problem is always that the American consumer is lazy and will not do something like drive across the street for the inconvenience. Let's see if we can unify in this very small area and make a difference. If we are successful, we might be able to use our unity as a way to influnence the way businesses treat us. The possibilities are endless. We can get lower car prices, new construction (homes) prices, bank interest rates, and the list goes on. First thing is first and we have to see if we can do this small task successfully.

Please pass this to everyone you possibly can.

Your fellow American consumer, Jim C.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

This has nothing to do with this section.