New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want more hp for my daily driver help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want more hp for my daily driver help!

I'm deployed to Iraq with the Marines Corps. I want to install a turbo on my car that way I can regulate the boost to get those fast guys and also use it as a daily driver. I have a 1983 Camaro with a 383 Stroker engine. I want to know what you recommend. I want a street car with about 650-700 horse right now I'm at about 425.

In my 383 engine I have a 400 crank, forged steel rings pistons and rods, I'm not to sure about my cam but it's not too radical. My heads are cast iron with a three angel valve job other machine work that was done is the deck on my block is shaved, and of course bored over 30.
My carborator is an Edelbrock 600 cfm with 750 rods and jet, my intake manifold is Edelbrock and I have an MSD distributor and planning to install the box (6A) and blaster coil upon my return. And along with all that I have a t56 transmission.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your service. You'll find lots of info here on LSx style motors... I suspect if you were asking about an LSx motor, you'd have a better chance of getting some replies. I'm not a forced induction or nitrous guy, but from your description, budget and complexity-wise, nitrous might be a better approach. Again, I'm an LS1 all-motor guy, so this is just a guess. You're gonna want to make a very detailed plan, too. You have high aspirations, you're going to need to know an awful lot about where you are, what your options are, what the trade-offs of those options are, and what it's going to take to get to your end result, one step at a time. It takes some attention to detail to get to 700 horsepower. You might want to start by finding out more about, say, your cam, beyond just that it's "not too radical".