Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems shifting

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problems shifting

Hey guys, my t-56 has been acting funny lately. It doesnt want to go into reverse unless it has been driven. I had to put it in first and move the car forward for me to be able to put it in reverse. Also, I was leaving work today and I was letting my car warm up and I went through the gears while idling and the tranny sounded funny even sitting there. As I went to leave I shifted from first to second and with the clutch all the way down it grinded, and I was probably going about 25mph. About 2 months ago I drained my tranny fluid and put in amsoil and I have not noticed any leaks since then. I am also thinking that it may be the clutch just not engaging right. The car has 95k miles on it, let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 71-Camaro-98
Hey guys, my t-56 has been acting funny lately. It doesnt want to go into reverse unless it has been driven. I had to put it in first and move the car forward for me to be able to put it in reverse. Also, I was leaving work today and I was letting my car warm up and I went through the gears while idling and the tranny sounded funny even sitting there. As I went to leave I shifted from first to second and with the clutch all the way down it grinded, and I was probably going about 25mph. About 2 months ago I drained my tranny fluid and put in amsoil and I have not noticed any leaks since then. I am also thinking that it may be the clutch just not engaging right. The car has 95k miles on it, let me know what you guys think.
The clutch is dragging. It's probably time to replace it along with the slave cylinder and throw out bearing. If you continue to grind it you will damage the transmission. Sorry to be the party pooper.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
The clutch is dragging. It's probably time to replace it along with the slave cylinder and throw out bearing. If you continue to grind it you will damage the transmission. Sorry to be the party pooper.

Yeah make sure To get that checked out. before it costs you even more money.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Change the clutch,flywheel,slave cylinder,throw out bearing