Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash lights???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dash lights???

I just got my 00 SS, my dashboard lights seem dim or not very bright at night, my dimmer is turned all the way up, are they normally dim or i was thinking some bulbs were out(the whole area is lit, not any dark spots) but i guess my question is how hard to check to see of lights are burnt out ?? or are they just a known problem of being dim
Old 05-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try removin the bulbs and replacing them with new ones, you can get them at any autoparts store, i ahd the same problem with my Z i bought new bulbs and it was much much brighter. Pulling the cluster out isn't hard, but it can be a bitch. first thing you do is remove the 2 bolts from the underside of the guage shade, remove the plastic besel around the top of the steering wheel. next you have to remove 4 screws holding the gauges into the dash, there are 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom(they are 7mm if i recall correctly) after the bolts are removed pull on the cluster with one hand on each side, because you need to remove it from the wire harness in the back of it. After that pull the steering wheel down as far as it can go and pull the guages out bottom first, trying to clear the steering wheel adjustment lever and ignition cylinder. now on the back of the gauges are 8 twist locks that contain a light bulb each, pull them out and replace the bulbs. put the gauges back in top first and just use the steps i gave in reverse and you should be good
Old 05-24-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian2006 sells different color kits since you're pulling them anyhow might as well customize it