Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some problems...need diagnosis please

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some problems...need diagnosis please

Ok i posted earlier about my car jerking and wanting to die while accelerating. Well i found out today that the car doesnt do this when its cold. I've been around to the local shops and have been asking but they all said that it is prolly the plugs and wires. The car only cuts out at about half throttle and above but when i skip shift and go into 4th it does it pretty badly. I have a 94 formula. This is very frustrating and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh by the way the car runs like an eighth past 210 temp wise is that normal or whats the usual temp supposed to be?

Last edited by LT1Drew; 05-24-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: another problem
Old 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the water pump leaking on the dist? it does not take much coolant to make one run bad. it may really need atune up. it's pretty pricey unless you do it youself.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Have you been keeping up with tune ups on your vehicle?When someone comes up with a driveability problem,and they have not been keeping up with regular tune up maintenance it makes it very hard to diagnose the car.

Last edited by lovescamaros28; 05-24-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

well i got the car 3 days ago and i guess i have to do some check up on it. I took it to a mechanic today and something to do with a knock sensor was at 21 degrees which by the way didnt sound to good and that was everytime the engine acted like it was about to die. The low coolant light came on also and i topped off the coolant and the light is still on, could it be a sensor? I am new to f-bodies so please bear with me ...i've had hondas and a turbo eclipse up until i got this car.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You got advice that it was probably the plugs and wires. Did you change them yet? Whenever you have drivability problems, always do the cheap and easy tune up. Plugs, wires, gas filter, check the air intake for blockage. Don't look for a bigger problem until you eliminate the small ones.

You say it does it more when you skip shift, putting more of a load on the engine, and when accelerating. That's when your wires will be shorting out.