Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shortblock Rebuilt!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shortblock Rebuilt!?

OK i just bought my 98 Z28, and found out from my local performance shop that they had completely rebuilt the shortblock in my engine becuz the kid who had it, had a knock. They gave me a printout of everything they did, and it was like a complete shortblock rebuild, ls2 timing chain, ls6 oil pump, new head bolts, basically everything. My question is, is that good? Being rebuilt an all, like my car has 88k on the clock, and was rebult a 85k. Is tht something i could say to people is a good thing, having a rebuilt shortblock, cuz is that a big part of the engine or no?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Consider yourself lucky that it was rebuild before you bought it. The most likely reason it was rebuilt is that the oil pump failed, spun bearings, hence the knock. The LS6 pump is better than the LS1 pump, and the LS2 chain is great as well. I'd be curious to see the whole list though, but if it was everything you basically have a new engine!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

nice thats cool! i just really wasnt sure what a shortblock was, i dont know too much about engines
Old 05-28-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like a good setup you got. The shortblock is the engine block and everything in it. Basically the stuff that spins. Basically you almost have a new motor with 3k miles on it. Time for a cam