New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ignition is this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007 | 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Default What ignition is this?

Whats up felas!! I recieved this ignition from a guy that i did some concrete work for at his house!!! He took it out of his RX7 that was fully raced out!! he said he paid over $2000 for it but sisnce he got a new ignition system he just gave this one to me!!! any idea how much its worth or what i can ask for it? its an electromotive, Thanks alot! and if this is the wrong forum can u change it to the right one thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails What ignition is this?-low-ig1.jpg   What ignition is this?-low-ig2.jpg   What ignition is this?-low-ig3.jpg   What ignition is this?-low-ig4.jpg   What ignition is this?-low-ig5.jpg  

Old 05-28-2007 | 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

I can't speak on what kind of quality this company makes but I highly doubt he paid two grand and if he is he's an idiot!
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

It looks like a poor attemp for a coil conversion for an LT1 car, and it doesnt even look complete. Either way its useless for your car. I hope thats not what he used to pay you in full.
Old 05-28-2007 | 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

I somewhat take it back. HERE is the website. Its a coil conversion to make an engine distributorless (which is useless for your car still) and seems popular for imports, and a few V8's. It still looks like the kit is incomplete.

I say give it back and get some cash.
Old 05-28-2007 | 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys!!! he did pay me in full and he just desided to give me this ignition system. im just curious on what i can get for it!!!