Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS wont turn on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TCS wont turn on?

ok i have a 98 trans am. i have another post but i really wanna know why it wont turn on so ill throw it in here so i can look like an idiot for wanting it. i bought the car with a blown motor. bought a 98 camaro im using for parts and i took the motor from it and put it in the trans am. i know the trans am used to have traction control and it used to work. now when i start the car the light comes on goes off like its supposed to. but when i hit the switch to turn it on or off it never lights up. the fuse location in the engine bay fuse block 2 has the TCS BAT slot but only 1 wire in it. so putting a fuse in is pointless cuz it has nothing in the second slot to hook up to. i pulled the fuse block and saw that the wire that is there is orange with a black stripe. all the other ABS fuses are fine the larger 40/50 amp and the smaller fuses as well. i saw that the second cable to my throttle body goes down by my abs and is burned cuz some dumbass (myself) didnt wire tie it off away from the header so the wire is burned into the cable. now when i bought the car i got it all put together and went to put the key in the on position i had a light "ABS INOP" on my dash. after looking everything over i found a white connector about a foot away from the yoke of the rear end on the driver side of the floor pan was unplugged. i hooked it back up the light went away. but ever since i had the car its never pushed the pedal back. i pulled the panel where the switch is and its wired up. but without the fuse i can see it not turning on. i haven't checked to see if there are any live wires at the switch but once again without the fuse i dont see how or why they would be live. i dont know if i can run a jumper from another fuse slow over to the 1 terminal i do have to get it to turn on or not. i put pics on my cardomain page in my signature below. page 2 on the trans am. im gonna replace it with the second cable my camaro had. but wouldnt that be cruise control? i dunno. im in chesapeak VA if anybody in the area wants to look at it. im only here for the week though then i go home to topeka ks. anyways any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks for checkin out my problem.

- Scottie
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody???
Old 06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man if you can't find it by now take it to dealership
Sorry don't know whats up with your car