New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here... opinions on motor please

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here... opinions on motor please

Hello ya'll,,, currently have a 68 chevelle...383 stroker with a WEIAND 177 roots blower.

I've been thinking about putting an LS1/2 block into my chevelle. I came across this motor -
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...-P1655C53.aspx

LS 364/440 Crate Engine 17802134 Description
A high-tech small-block with a carbureted twist
The General Motors LS Family of small-block engines broke new ground with efficiency and power levels never before imagined. GM Performance Parts offers several of these engines as complete assemblies ready to bolt in to your project car as a replacement or upgrade.
And now for the first time, GM Performance Parts has taken one of our LS2 engines and added to it a blast from the past—our LS1 4-barrel intake manifold! Based on the LS2 engine, the LS 364/440 ships with an aluminum LS block, which has a deep-skirt and six-bolt mains. Other features include lightweight flat-top pistons with a 10.9:1 compression, powdered-metal rods, and a nodular iron crankshaft. The LS6-style cylinder heads are truly high performance pieces that deliver large amounts of air to the awaiting engine. The camshaft specs out with .500/.500" lift numbers, and has been specifically designed to work with the LS Family.

The LS 364/440 is easy to install with all of the major components shipping to you in one big box. Take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy the latest evolution of the small-block Chevy. The LS 364/440 is rated at 440 horsepower and is a true blending of new technology with a proven air/fuel induction piece. The LS2 can be adapted to older cars and street rods.

NOTES:
14" automatic transmission flexplate included.
Requires aftermarket spark controller compatible with the 58X reluctor wheel and new cam sensing.
Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles.

for around $5,000 it seems like a good deal. What do you all think?

Another question, I like having a blower, and I'd like to put a blower on this motor. However, I'm having trouble finding blowers to fit LS2 motors.
Would the internals have to be changed on this motor to run a blower? 8:1 need to be installed?
If thats the case this may not be the best thing for me.
What superchargers do they have out there for a carb'd LS2, any?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

That's a relatively new crate motor from GM, so I haven't seen any feedback on it. There are superchargers available for the LS2 but most run low boost because of the high compression. I would post in the Forced Induction forum as well as the Conversions & Hybrid forum for better information.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

interesting