Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few dumb exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few dumb exhaust questions

well my first question is that before i got my e-cutout installed my SES soon light was on for the longest time giving me the P0420 code. Anyways i pretty much dtermined that it's most likely the cat and didnt pay any attention to it. Well i installed my e-cutout and i took it on the highway and drove with the cutout open and i beat the crap out of it, and the light shut off and hasnt come back on. Anyways my question is is it possible to clear out a clogged cat? would the cutout help? how do i know if its unclogged without taking off the cat? My other question is is it bad to leave my cutout open daily? thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like coincidence to me with the SES going off. There's nothing bad about leaving the cutout open except attracting the attention of police. If that's not much of an issue where you live, then leave it open as much as you want.

There's nothing illegal emission wise by leaving the cutout open......noise ordinance wise, well that's a different story.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a cutou wont unclog your cat, was the cutout before or after the rear o2s?....tell you what your cutout open for a couple thousand miles then close it and watch all the crap come out of your mufflers