Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me out

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me out

I wanna learn how to mod my car myself, I'm planning to go with a nice h/c set when I eventually have the budget for it...

but in the mean time I would like to actually learn how to be able to install all that myself ie intake/exhaust/headers/ etc but I don't know what class would be good for all that.

So here's a list of class descriptions maybe you guys can help me out.

"AUTO 100 - AUTOMOTIVE FUNDAMENTALS

Introduction to the principles of operation of modern automobile systems and a practical introduction to automotive tools and diagnostic equipment. A must for anyone who owns an automobile."

"AUTO 103 - AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE PERFORMANCE/FUEL AND EMISSION SYSTEMS

Operating principles,troubleshooting techniques and repair procedures for automotive engine performance systems. The emphasis is fuel and engine emission control systems. Demonstrated lectures and practical experience in the laboratory using modern testing equipment, oscilloscopes, and other diagnostic equipment on "live" vehicles."

"AUTO 104A - AUTOMOTIVE ENGINES

Learn all aspects of modern engine overhaul procedures utilizing the latest in engine machine shop equipment."

What do you guys think?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Impressive...
If you have any welding to do your in deep ****, if its just bolt-ons youll be in good shape.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zoegirl
Impressive...
If you have any welding to do your in deep ****, if its just bolt-ons youll be in good shape.
lol which one do you think I should take?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Smile

Well, that would be up to you, if you have time you can study both.
Good luck & you will learn alot on this site.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

A nice welding class will always help. I can Mig and Tig. It pays off in the end.

I also work here...(www.SAMracing.com) where we teach people how to build motors for a living for the professionals. NHRA, Nextel Cup, etc. Proof is in the pudding and we do everything N/A

The little Turd Burglar Cobra makes a hair over 900 horsepower with only 399 cubic inches

Keep reading, get as much hands on practice as you can. It will pay of BIG time in the end.