New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best first suspension upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm a newb and am also start'n on my suspention cause this b'n my first (fast car) i'm sattisfied with the 327 my car puts down. but anyways wat exactly do the relocation brackets besides move the mounting point wat are there benefits. and i've heard alot of bad about the subframe connectors.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Splitz
see sig, thats all you'll needor for suspension, was about $1100 in parts plus $300 labor
That's what I'm working on having done.

Here's what is planned to go in next spring/summer:

-adjustable panhard bar
-adjustable torque arm
-adjustable lower control arms
-relocation brackets
-subframe connectors

I would like to put adjustable race shocks on as well (in the rear to start), but can't justify spending the extra cash right now with my $950 in parts for the cam swap this coming May and possibly a new rearend the following spring (~$2500).
Old 08-18-2007, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z2fast8
i'm a newb and am also start'n on my suspention cause this b'n my first (fast car) i'm sattisfied with the 327 my car puts down. but anyways wat exactly do the relocation brackets besides move the mounting point wat are there benefits. and i've heard alot of bad about the subframe connectors.
If your car is lowered at all the entire suspension geometry is changed. Relocation brackets help out in this situation. I've also heard they benefit stock ride height cars as well.

As far as subframe connectors be sure to get weld-in and have someone who does quality work install them. I've heard horror stories about the installs. I'm most likely going to install them on my hardtop car for the added rigidity. Once you start making power it is easy to end up with dings in the rear quarters. Subframe connectors prevent this (from what my research has told me).
Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chae
Once you start making power it is easy to end up with dings in the rear quarters. Subframe connectors prevent this (from what my research has told me).
Unfortunately thats not true, there are still members on here that get 1/4 panel ding with SFC's. Its a bad crumble zone design in the back, the only real fix is to get a cage (which stiffens the chassis much more than any SFC can).
Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Unfortunately thats not true, there are still members on here that get 1/4 panel ding with SFC's. Its a bad crumble zone design in the back, the only real fix is to get a cage (which stiffens the chassis much more than any SFC can).
Yes, with higher HP cars it is beneficial to run a cage. I'll be running one soon. Even though the car will run high-11's cam-only. Might as well get the car ready for future mods Rearend comes first though

P.S. You need a cage at 11.50 to the best of my knowledge. It would be overkill for a bolt-on car in my opinion. Unless you are running low-12's. Then you will need it soon So you might as well start saving for one
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Konis
Double Adju Panhard bar
35mm front bar
WOW!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vrbas
Yeeeeaaaah, about that.... not lookin' to dish out > 1 grand.
h/c + traction = broken 10 bolt.