Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP lid what do i do with the vacuum hose? durr

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Thats wrong. The tube goes from the air lid to the intake ON THE PUMP. From the pump it has one hose that goes to the top driver side of the engine (thats the one you see on the drivers side inner fender) on that side of the engine is a diverter valve that has one hose in, two hoses out, one to each exhaust manifold. That valve is controlled by the AIR solenoid. The small vacuum line that connects to the rear of the intake manifold is maybe 6 inches long, it goes to one side of the solenoid, the other side of the solenoid has a vacuum line that goes to the diverter valve.
I don't care where it winds up, that wasn't really my point. I can just tell you it goes from the lid to the back of the engine bay. That's where mine goes. I never followed it, but I'll be removing it all eventually, so I'll find out then.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How hard is it to block off the hose port from a 00+ Lid going on a 98 ?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I don't care where it winds up, that wasn't really my point. I can just tell you it goes from the lid to the back of the engine bay. That's where mine goes. I never followed it, but I'll be removing it all eventually, so I'll find out then.
yea have fun
Old 09-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea have fun
I wasn't trying to be a jerk in my response. I was trying to inform VIP1 that there was a significant difference in the AIR systems between years. The 00-02 AIR systems were significantly more complex than the 98-99 systems, which were basically just two check valves joined at a y-merge and connected to the AIR pump.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I wasn't trying to be a jerk in my response. I was trying to inform VIP1 that there was a significant difference in the AIR systems between years. The 00-02 AIR systems were significantly more complex than the 98-99 systems, which were basically just two check valves joined at a y-merge and connected to the AIR pump.
I know, I don't know what this is
I said have fun. I felt like a magician or something, pulling endless lengths of hose out of my car, it just never stopped. And that vacuum hose. I put a plug on where it came from. So it took about 30 minutes to pull what seemed like 20 feet of hose out and another 1 1/2 hours just to get that damn plug on the back of the manifold.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by OMGWTFBODY
How hard is it to block off the hose port from a 00+ Lid going on a 98 ?
Contact SLP. They have a plastic grommet/plug that fits the lid perfectly. If they won't send you one for free (or a decent price), you can probably find something in the plastic plug section/parts bins at your local hardware store, or Lowes.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

I got one at Lowes for under $1.50. It's chrome steel, once in the hole I bent the tabs over so it'll never come out.
Just measure the ID with a ruler, the selection they have are all labeled with size.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Just go to any parts store and go to the HELP section and get the chrysler master cylinder gasket, it fits perfect and it looks like it belongs there.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check this out..
http://www.caplugs.com/catalog/starp...command=search
Old 09-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Thats wrong. The tube goes from the air lid to the intake ON THE PUMP. From the pump it has one hose that goes to the top driver side of the engine (thats the one you see on the drivers side inner fender) on that side of the engine is a diverter valve that has one hose in, two hoses out, one to each exhaust manifold. That valve is controlled by the AIR solenoid. The small vacuum line that connects to the rear of the intake manifold is maybe 6 inches long, it goes to one side of the solenoid, the other side of the solenoid has a vacuum line that goes to the diverter valve.

Yea because all the air that sucks into that hose is unfiltered and goes right into the engine.
Okay, so the next question would be if it cannot be hanging around like that, then where does it go...? There's nowhere that i see that can be connected to the hose... or should i just seal the hole on the side and remove that little hose...?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MultiOrgasm
Okay, so the next question would be if it cannot be hanging around like that, then where does it go...? There's nowhere that i see that can be connected to the hose... or should i just seal the hole on the side and remove that little hose...?
The short hose off the lid splices onto a hose that goes down to the air pump, usually.
Removing it and plugging the hole is better than letting it suck dirty air into the lid on top of the filter, and into the engine.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sidewayz28

I wouldn't be too suprised if this is exactly where SLP gets theirs from. The other above suggestions were pretty good as well.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:51 PM

Thanks 8a8mfh, i have another question for you all if you dun mind. Is there a difference in fitting between the 98-99 SLP lid and 00-02 SLP lids? If not... i am having a little trouble getting a real good seal on the sides... i put the front in between the gasket and the lower airbox and it seems to be sealed good, but the side pushes up and u can tell air can leak through, are there clamps for the sides or the back? What can i do to get a real good seal on the SLP Lid? Thanks

Quick Reply: SLP lid what do i do with the vacuum hose? durr