Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some questions.

Well I just picked up a 98 trans am a4 with 166,000 miles. I got it because I got a very very cheap deal on it..and it runs pretty strong ran a 8.7 on the 1/8th and the car is bone stock except for an slp loudmouth.

First question at around 15 hundred rpms it starts shaking alittle..but do think this is caused by the exhaust on it. I have had exhaust before shake at a certain rpm or could this be a motor issue? I beleive if it was missing it would miss at all rpms would it not?

Also the steering feels kinda...notchy i gues you could say when you turn. it works fine and seen a couple do this without cause further problems. i may put a new power steering pump in it.

Second question. It has alittle alittle blue smoke when at high rpms. And the oil preasure stays at 20 at idle and on wot it hit's 45 only. now i had a lt1 before that stayed at 5 psi and only got up to 30. I was wondering if this is a very very bad problem. I have had them run low before but always hit 60 at least...but the motor runs smooth. Would I need to get a new oil pump or could it be something else. The oil needs to be changed very very bad dont think that could have anything to do with it though. I mean the car runs awesome it will bark second and third. And how much do you think a good oil pump would be. Or could this be something else.

This is gonna be my DD until next summer when it goes completly under the knife...A complete motor rebuild cam,head, the works until then I have to make it a reliable dd for college.

Besides the miles and the problems listed above the car is mint. I have 1500 bucks to put into it right now so tell me what you think....i am mostley worried about the oil preassure. Im going to change the spark plugs when I install headers.

the book was 8500 for the car...I got it for 4 less than that. And honeslty I like buying something and building so I know what I have int the car.

I know this is alot of information and a big thread but thanks to all who reply the help is greatly apreciated.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Launching!

change the oil! if the filter is plugged then your not getting very good oil pressure.....
Old 09-23-2007, 12:32 PM

ditto