New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats The Best Headers For Power?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those Edelbrock headers are available in stainless! they also offer a stainless Y pipe!
they also offer ceramic coated and ti tech coated headers, as well as a y pipe in mild steel for $110!

the slip on HVMC is a miracle when installing these in your garage on jack stands! getting the front end of the car dangerously high in the air is not needed with a slip on collector!
use the weld on tabs to hold them in place and either high temp RTV the collector or use a **** load of antiseize for a leak free joint (also making it easier to take apart if needed).
ground clearnce is exceptional and the y pipe has one of the nicer merges on the market at 1/3 the price of high end!
plus they come with O2 bungs (need welded in), t-bolt clamps, gaskets, O2 extensions...everything

i am pleased with them!
i have a total $540 in Edelbrock headers (part#65703) and y pipe (part#6571)

went from Pacesetters to Edelbrock and not looking back!

Last edited by simple; 09-24-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kooks, Kooks, kooks I have Qtps and will never do them again. Fitment issues that are unresolved because Im disabled and took so long to put them on, so they wont replace the one I need replaced, even though it was unused. I made them fit with a grinder, and some paint.

Last edited by BOONE; 09-25-2007 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Whats The Best Headers For Power?