Old 11-17-2007 | 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw this.

Get an M6.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Headers, LS6 intake, stall/cooler, and then gears.
Old 11-22-2007 | 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in reply to darren and choco.

I have spent the past couple of minutes reading both comments.

I have come to the conclusion that both of you are "right" in there own aspects. I agree with both of you to a point.

My main thing that I have to say about the whole discussion is that a stall IS NOT A ROOKIE FIRST MOD.

I mainly agree with choco on the stall being a bad first mod. Most people have only a fbody as there car. If my camaro was my daily driver I would no way in hell do a stall. I would save every penny I have first and buy a POS something. (85 c-10 w/ 120K, 91 c1500 70k, both trucks $4k total). Having backup cars when owning a "toy" is always a good idea.

Tording,
my personal opinion is since you live in VA which gets fairly cold over the winter I would save the coin and do your research on which mods you want to do. The options you have are endless and only "you" can deciede what you want. I did the "cheap and easy" mods for my first b/c I knew It would sit ALLLLLLL winter. I have roughly 5 months to save money and do my OWN research on what I want to do. Take what people post on forums with a grain of salt. Also if you have a good amount of cash you can go to one of our sponsors and say hey i got X amount of money give me options and you might get more for your money.

Hope it helped guys
Old 11-22-2007 | 09:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jetlag
Wow, battle of the epic long posts..

Too long I didn't even read it.
Old 11-23-2007 | 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

Stall, gears, tires,lts, suspension,cam/heads. thats the way I went. Any way you go Im sure you'll love it. Texas speed has some great head cam packages. Just some heads up on that one.
Old 11-23-2007 | 02:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Since everyone already listed the mods I just wanted to add; be sure and kick us some pics of your new ride. Congrats!
Old 11-23-2007 | 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

pics?
Old 11-23-2007 | 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I would have to say go with the intake! LS6 intake would be a good mod. Then go with gears, stall and headers!
Old 11-26-2007 | 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JJhomer83
My main thing that I have to say about the whole discussion is that a stall IS NOT A ROOKIE FIRST MOD.
You are entitled to your opinion. But in my opinion, which is among the popular opinion here at ls1tech, a stall is THE BEST mod any A4 can get. It's simply a matter of picking the right size for the right application.

Go do a search in the automatic transmission section here. You'll get more threads then you would care to read on stalls and people praising them. The big argument there isn't whether to get one or not. It's whether you should get a Vig or Yank
Old 11-26-2007 | 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by darrensls1
You are entitled to your opinion. But in my opinion, which is among the popular opinion here at ls1tech, a stall is THE BEST mod any A4 can get. It's simply a matter of picking the right size for the right application.

Go do a search in the automatic transmission section here. You'll get more threads then you would care to read on stalls and people praising them. The big argument there isn't whether to get one or not. It's whether you should get a Vig or Yank
Darren,
You said what i wasn't thinking.

It's simply a matter of picking the right size for the right application.

right there, that is why i think its not a rookie mod. It takes a lot of research and thinking about what you want to do to your car before you go and buy one.
take buying a lid for example its fairly easy there are a few that people like but "generally" all of the same.
with a stall there are different sizes and also brands which come into play
Old 11-27-2007 | 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JJhomer83
Darren,
You said what i wasn't thinking.

It's simply a matter of picking the right size for the right application.

right there, that is why i think its not a rookie mod. It takes a lot of research and thinking about what you want to do to your car before you go and buy one.
take buying a lid for example its fairly easy there are a few that people like but "generally" all of the same.
with a stall there are different sizes and also brands which come into play
Absolutely. I'm not saying anyone should buy a stall without proper research. But it is more then fair to say that someone could spend a weeks worth of spare time reading threads via search, ask a few questions via a new thread and still make an educated decision on what stall size and brand they want.

Even a rookie can research for a week, make an educated decision and have a converter at thier door step before the months end. It's a mod that almost everyone who gets one ends up saying two things.

1). I wish I went bigger on the stall size.

2). I wish I had gotten this mod sooner!

This thread was a great first step. Then take the suggestions like stalls, headers, ect and research them individually. Then use that information to pick brands, sizes, ect.

M6 guys have it easy. Want to know what one drives like you just find one at a dealership and test drive it. But in order to find out what a 3500 stall feels like you need to find someone who is local and nice enough to let you drive thier car otherwise you're SOL.

I didn't have that privlage but research lead me to believe that 3500 is a good compromise of performance/street manners, TCI is a good bang for the buck and after it goes in I would wonder why I waited so long to get it.

I have to admit that I was three for three