New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally...I got myself a real car! :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008 | 07:31 PM
Teching In

Default Finally...I got myself a real car! :)

Well, as some of you may remember, I used to drive a 2004 v6 mustang. Well, about a month or so ago, I bought myself a 2000 Corvette, and as I've been looking for, I got one with the hardtop and M6 transmission.

Let me just say, their is no comparison between the mustang and the vette. I love the way the vette drives, my only problem is no back seat...but as with any car, it does have its problems, no back seat isnt that big of a deal to me.

Will try to get some pics up tomorrow or sometime soon...
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Feels good doesnt it....post some pics so we can see it.
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by danny`
...Let me just say, their is no comparison between the mustang and the vette.
No kidding? You really think the vette rates better than a V-6 mustang? Just kidding around with you. Congratulations. Welcome to the vette club- and the site. I'll watch for your pics.
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:42 PM
Teching In

Well, I only have 2 right now, but they were also taken when the car was dirty from my test run, you know, seein what she would do, and then makin the rims dirty from brakedust..lol

also attached is a picture of my 2004 mustang before i sold it...i still miss the car tho, I liked having 2 friends or more in my car, lol
Attached Thumbnails Finally...I got myself a real car! :)-vette-1.jpg   Finally...I got myself a real car! :)-vette-2.jpg   Finally...I got myself a real car! :)-mustang-1.jpg  
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pewter.
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Nice looking vette.
Old 01-09-2008 | 07:53 PM
Teching In

the first couple days, i drove the thing like a madman, gunning it every time i leave a stoplight, also the circles i cut did not help the $500 rear tires...lol

i still love to go fast in it, i crave the adrenaline rush, but im thinkin about getting me a 96 mustang gt just to drive around and not worry about where i park at.
Old 01-09-2008 | 08:03 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

the first couple days, i drove the thing like a madman, gunning it every time i leave a stoplight, also the circles i cut did not help the $500 rear tires...lol

i still love to go fast in it, i crave the adrenaline rush, but im thinkin about getting me a 96 mustang gt just to drive around and not worry about where i park at.
Give up on the mustangs. You've taken a step in the right direction. You can find cheap LS1 Fbodys for about 5k and LT1 cars for about 2.5-3k right now.
Old 01-09-2008 | 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

welcome to the LS ranks, nice car, good luck with it
Old 01-09-2008 | 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Nice Car Dude!
Old 01-09-2008 | 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

but im thinkin about getting me a 96 mustang gt just to drive around and not worry about where i park at.

Like said above, pick up an f-body, you can still go fast and but not have to worry so much about where you park it. Why give up the ability to go fast just so you dont stress about vandals?
Old 01-09-2008 | 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TLUZLS1

Like said above, pick up an f-body, you can still go fast and but not have to worry so much about where you park it. Why give up the ability to go fast just so you dont stress about vandals?
Well, I would get an f-body, but for the mustang im looking at, the miles aren't too high, and they're not wanting a whole lot for it, and having just bought a corvette, i don't have a whole lot of money for another car, granted...i love the f-bodies and i love the vette, but im not partial to one company, and this mustang isn't stock, it has pullies, chip, exhaust, and a few others, it puts out around 300 or more. I won't be losing too much horsepower...and i will gain a backseat!
Old 01-09-2008 | 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I would get an f-body, but for the mustang im looking at, the miles aren't too high, and they're not wanting a whole lot for it, and having just bought a corvette, i don't have a whole lot of money for another car, granted...i love the f-bodies and i love the vette, but im not partial to one company, and this mustang isn't stock, it has pullies, chip, exhaust, and a few others, it puts out around 300 or more. I won't be losing too much horsepower...and i will gain a backseat!
It's going to take a heck of a lot more than that for a 96 GT to put out anywhere close to 300 horses. They're only 225 at the crank, stock. Either way, sweet Vette. Quite an upgrade from a 6cyl Mustang. I would also suggest an F-body over a Mustang too. I just picked up a 94 Z28 yesterday with the 6speed and I love this thing to death.
Old 01-09-2008 | 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like the backseat means more to you then you thought.
Old 01-09-2008 | 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice Vette. Get what ever DD driver you want.

If it is that rustang you were mentioning I wouldn't boast about hp numbers on this board, you won't get much of a good reception.
Old 01-09-2008 | 11:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Whiteknight01
Sounds like the backseat means more to you then you thought.
lol, well I didn't realize that only having 1 passenger could be a problem...if that makes sense. I'm 18, so ridin around with friends is somethin I do quite often, although no back seat saves on gas (in the end they pay for it anyhow)

In a way though I like how the vette has no backseat, but like i said, yes i do still miss it.
And in no way would I boast a GT's numbers over my own vette, the only reason I may drive the GT, is to beat up the thing rather than the vette.

I like to baby the vette a lil too much as well, i want a car to 'beat up', cut circles and things like that.
Anyway, I will find out tomorrow if i really like the mustang or not (Im doubting i will like it at this point)
Old 01-10-2008 | 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Nice Vette!!! I didnt have it in me to get a Corvette instead of my SS LE last month. I wasnt ready to give up the backseat either. But I ended up getting rid of all the passenger seats in my LE, nobody drives with me in that one yet!! Thats what my GN Powered 90 Firebird is for, a high 11 second 4 seater lol!!! Welcome!
Old 01-10-2008 | 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well im not trying to sway you one way or another but i was just suggesting getting an fbody if you want to have a back seat and still go fast. I guarantee you that gt with "mods" will not be able to touch any fbody, stock or not. Also, that mustang isnt making anywhere near 300hp, somebody lied to you

I won't be losing too much horsepower...and i will gain a backseat!
If about 2 seconds in the quarter isn't "too much horsepower" then so be it. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
Old 01-10-2008 | 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, as some of you may remember, I used to drive a 2004 v6 mustang. Well, about a month or so ago, I bought myself a 2000 Corvette, and as I've been looking for, I got one with the hardtop and M6 transmission.

Let me just say, their is no comparison between the mustang and the vette. I love the way the vette drives, my only problem is no back seat...but as with any car, it does have its problems, no back seat isnt that big of a deal to me.

Will try to get some pics up tomorrow or sometime soon...
i will sell you my corvette rear seats for $400. just kidding lets get some pics.