New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first round of mods help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

i got the slotted and drilled rotors from ebay, they are pretty nice, pm me your email for pics, just DONT get the pads, all they do is grind away your new rotors, they are just cheap pads. make sure you do get the throttle body port and polished, you can do this to your stock one for free if you have a dremel. make sure you get a lid too, and do all the free mods, then you should be happy. too bad you have an 00, the 01 and 02's had the ls6 intake. cat backs are nicer than the stock exhaust, you wont notice a power increase but you will sound a lot better than a stock ss, i use flowmasters with a cutout...but thats just my .02
Old 01-21-2008 | 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

alright thanks for all the help ive pretty much decided on just better pads and forget the rotors, the only problem i have with the gears is where to go to get the pcm calibrated and paired with a louder catback i think it might be getting a little to loud but idk, also will lower gears mess with your odometer? should any mechanic be able to recalibrate?
Old 01-21-2008 | 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by binks0678
alright thanks for all the help ive pretty much decided on just better pads and forget the rotors, the only problem i have with the gears is where to go to get the pcm calibrated and paired with a louder catback i think it might be getting a little to loud but idk, also will lower gears mess with your odometer? should any mechanic be able to recalibrate?
When i had my gears installed i looked into having a dealership reprogram the speedo and they wanted like 120 bucks or something like that. So I went out and got a Hypertech power programer 3. A lot of people dont like them but if you picked up a used one for that same 120 or in that neighborhood it would be worth it IMO. Either way you go hypertech or mechanic it will not screw up your odometer once its calibrated. With the power tune on the hypertech i also got 6 rwhp on a mustang dyno. Its not much but it would be good to get you by until you start to get into some big mods that need a dyno tune. I also think magnaflow would be a good choice for a cat-back...i believe it wouldnt be as loud as mine

Quick Reply: first round of mods help