Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds almost like late 90s C5 money to me
Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Yeah the car is in great shape. Looks almost new. I did purchase it at a Chevy dealer so the price is a bit higher than if bought privatley.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

how come u guys are out there telling him to seafoam his car?!?!? has everyone lost thier minds??
I suggested the Seafoam in the oil because he really doesn't know the oil change history of the car. It might have been run long miles between changes and who knows what kind of oil was used. I'd put it in the gas because that's just like adding any other gas treatment, won't do any harm, might do some good.

I was not advocating a top end treatment. We're talking about ten bucks to make sure he gets a real clean oil change and clean any crap out of the gas tank. Even though the miles are low the car is still 6 years old.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned

seafoam is insane, who cars what the "oil change history" is about..whats the oil looklike in the car right now?? is its clean than roll with it, if its dirty than change it..........thats where it ends! never a big fan of fuel additives either, if theres a running problem than there is probably an issue bigger than what a bottle of fuel treatment will handle and if there is no running issue than there is no need for another "additive"............on a serious note seafoam is trash and anything that will leave my vehicle filling up parking lots with smoke (for any amount of time or even during the use of seafoam)is trash......sometimes people just **** with things too much and cause more harm than good not even knowing it, then they pass that info on to other people

leave it alone and drive it, if there is a problem than fix it, obviously check your fluids every few days depending on how much u drive the car i mean we dont want to neglect out fluid level/quality we jsut dont want to use harmful treatments that do no proven good
Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
seafoam is insane, who cars what the "oil change history" is about..whats the oil looklike in the car right now?? is its clean than roll with it, if its dirty than change it..........thats where it ends! never a big fan of fuel additives either, if theres a running problem than there is probably an issue bigger than what a bottle of fuel treatment will handle and if there is no running issue than there is no need for another "additive"............on a serious note seafoam is trash and anything that will leave my vehicle filling up parking lots with smoke (for any amount of time or even during the use of seafoam)is trash......sometimes people just **** with things too much and cause more harm than good not even knowing it, then they pass that info on to other people

leave it alone and drive it, if there is a problem than fix it, obviously check your fluids every few days depending on how much u drive the car i mean we dont want to neglect out fluid level/quality we jsut dont want to use harmful treatments that do no proven good
Don't get you're panties in a bunch *******! He asked for advice on what to do and I gave him mine. Your advice is to basicly do nothing but hop in and drive a 6 year old car.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ghardester
Don't get you're panties in a bunch *******! He asked for advice on what to do and I gave him mine. Your advice is to basicly do nothing but hop in and drive a 6 year old car.
no ****. if you don't have anything constructive to contribute to the ACTUAL topic then just move on, this is not a chat room. the best mechanics are extremely meticulous and pay attention to every detail. i have 3 gm's with over 200k on them. its a product of PREVENTATIVE maintenance. the op seemed like he wanted to get into details and address ANY possible issues.

also, seafoam is a proven product and is made of pure petroleum therefore rendering it harmless to the engine (with the exception of spark plugs) as long as it is removed in the recommended amount of time.

i have no desire to argue with you from this point on seeing as you are a hardheaded jackass. i doubt you will last long on this forum anyways so

to the op, i would urge you to follow the advice of the more established members who are trying to help you. the list i gave you is inexpensive and will
give you a real decent tune up which is what you asked for.

this thread should end, the question has been answered and there is no point in arguing over it any longer.. unless you feel the advice given is incorrect, in which case you are wrong.