New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are jet performance chips pretty good??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are jet performance chips pretty good??

I've heard some great reviews about them, i am mainly interested in increasing power, eliminating skip shift and removing trac control from time to time....

I have searched about them here but did not find much info
Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats because we "reprogram" there are no chips to install. We call it "getting a tune".
Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Save your money for a real tuner to get his/her hands on the PCM
Old 05-07-2008, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They give you a generic tune. Most of the time it will increase horsepower when you first put it in, but can hurt you later on. I have seen them actually make you lose hp and gas mileage after a month or so. Every car is different when it comes to a tune, dynotune is the way to go or something along the lines of HP Tuners or LS1Edit is what to get. Alot more complicated to use but is only about $100 more for the base versions of a real tuning program.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Waste of time and money

You can "remove traction control from time to time" by pressing the ASR or TCS button on your dash for free...

You are lucky enough to live in Burbank which is 5-10 minutes away from Strictly Performance in Van Nuys. Rob@Strictly will delete any codes, turn off your rear 02's, skip shift, gear change, and put a base tune on your car for free just for stopping by his shopGive him a call or stop by to check out the rides and chat with the guys at the shop they will help you with any questions or problems you have as well

http://www.spmotorsports.net/
Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by james562
Waste of time and money

You can "remove traction control from time to time" by pressing the ASR or TCS button on your dash for free...

You are lucky enough to live in Burbank which is 5-10 minutes away from Strictly Performance in Van Nuys. Rob@Strictly will delete any codes, turn off your rear 02's, skip shift, gear change, and put a base tune on your car for free just for stopping by his shopGive him a call or stop by to check out the rides and chat with the guys at the shop they will help you with any questions or problems you have as well

http://www.spmotorsports.net/
thanx friend, i have been searching for these places for a long time near my house... I once found like a dynoshop near my house but they said that they would charge 150 to install a catback, i just left lol...