New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette xhaust manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette xhaust manifolds

just bought my friends 99 one owner ta. pewter, 6speed, loaded xcept ws6 60,000 miles. the only time it's been over 70 mph was when i was driving it. it's truly a pampered gem. my question is if corvette xhaust manifolds will fit w/out mods to the rest of the xhaust system. i know they are a step up from stock w/out the big cost of headers. thanks for the help guys. looking forward to all of your xpert help in waking up the potential of my new (to me) prized posession.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

pretty sure vette exhaust manifolds wont fit or match up to the y pipe. you could try getting newer manifolds the fbodies stepped up their flow on the manifolds either in 00 or 01 i forget, im leaning more towards 00. but if your going through all the trouble to swap headers you might as well just step it up to longtubes or atleast mid lengths!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Junkie

i'm pretty sure there are differences in how the manifolds are layed out...collector location and primary routing.

so i doubt they would work.

get mids or longtubes....or don't waste your time and money
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 AM

thanks for the info. i've got about a grand and i'm looking to get the best bang for my buck. looking on ebay for some 243's and a ls6 intake and so on. why is it that fast is never fast enuff????