Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???'s before I spend the $$$

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ???'s before I spend the $$$

So I am ready to buy a couple of things for my new Camaro SS (yes the modding bug was biting hard).

1. I am looking to get the SLP Flowpac with the lid, CAI, and smooth bellows. My question is if using the CAI over the factory "ram air" will I see any slight gains?? I do not see how the factory ram air is extremely efficient so I thought this would work better. What about the K&N FIPK???

2. For the exhaust, I am looking at QTP LT's, QTP ORY, and magnaflow. I like that the QTP's are a little cheaper than Kook's or ARH. Is anybody running this combonation?

3. Also planning on getting the short stick from Ws6store.com, heard nothing but great things about that.

Thanks in advance for any help or answers guys

Daniel
Old 05-19-2008, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a winner plan

Id just get a slp lid
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

in my opinion i wouldnt waste ur money on the flow pack....if ur gnna do ram air i would go with the ftra
Old 05-19-2008, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sgt Drags
So I am ready to buy a couple of things for my new Camaro SS (yes the modding bug was biting hard).

1. I am looking to get the SLP Flowpac with the lid, CAI, and smooth bellows. My question is if using the CAI over the factory "ram air" will I see any slight gains?? I do not see how the factory ram air is extremely efficient so I thought this would work better. What about the K&N FIPK???

2. For the exhaust, I am looking at QTP LT's, QTP ORY, and magnaflow. I like that the QTP's are a little cheaper than Kook's or ARH. Is anybody running this combonation?

3. Also planning on getting the short stick from Ws6store.com, heard nothing but great things about that.

Thanks in advance for any help or answers guys

Daniel

1. Lids are pretty standard. You will see a slight increase no matter which brand you go with. The Bellows is more for appearance sake, since its looks better than that stock accordian-looking junk.

2. QTPs are a great buy. Kooks and QTP are generally regarded as the best flowing and sounding headers. I personally do have the Magnaflow catback and love it. Great tone (see the vid on my cardomain page).

3. The previous owner of my car cut the stick down on my shifter, but if you want to utilize stock *****, you could get the one at ws6store.

Good luck
Old 05-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the good advice and the really quick replies guys.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the K&N fipk and I just bought a 92mm intake and T/B and the bellow won't go over the T/B. So be careful with that. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do with mine.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

So I decided to get the SLP CAI and the exhaust. My next question deals with underdrive pulleys. I am thinking about also getting one of these and a P/P TB. I have come to understand that pully's make hp because they underdrive the accessories (obviously). In doing this, wouldn't that decrease the cooling of your engine since the water pump is one of the items being underdriven. Is this strictly a mod done for strip cars. I am just trying to understand. If I am wrong than please correct me, just trying to learn.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Daniel