Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad iac motor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad iac motor?

If the iac is bad how will the car run? My car runs great but it has a p0507 code, (idles high). I've taken the tb off and cleaned it and the iac, installed a new tb gasket. Checked for vacum leaks, iac wiring seems to be good. Would like to get the code cleared up. Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did u remove the iac and clean the inside of that? also a stock auto m6 should idle at 700rpm and a auto at 600rpm. try to run the car with the iac unplugged, that way u can eliminate the problem
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the responce. Yes I did take the iac out and cleaned it. Right now I don't have anything to check engine rpm. I will unplug it and see what she does. Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

What did you ever find out? The last few weeks, mine has an increasingly intermittent high idle problem (2000+ RPM, p0507) The extra airflow is being read by the MAF so stuck IAC or stuck throttle body seem to be the only 2 possibilities.

The crazy thing is that my scanner shows no IAC codes, and it shows the commanded and actual IAC counts to be in sync, even though I suspect the IAC was sticking all the way open.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yesterday, the car was idling properly for once, so I let it warm up and unplugged the IAC so the plunger would be locked in that position.

Today, it ran all day with no high revving or idling.

However, I will not get my hopes up until it has run properly all week with the IAC unplugged...

If that happens, then I will replace it and plug it back in.

Quick Reply: Bad iac motor?