Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust question about headers on a 2000 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question about headers on a 2000 camaro

i'm looking at a 2000 camaro ss and it has hooker headers and some texas 3inch x pipe and then had mufflrers at the end and never goes over the axle....i want to know what i need to buy that will bolt up to the headers and have an exhaust that will make it to the back of the car.....can i just buy slp y-pipe and exhaust and just bolt it on to the headers...he has high flow 3 inch cats on there too but dont know the brand
Old 06-07-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

is the current setup too loud or what? yes, just get a regular or catted y pipe and catback exhaust. keep the high flow cats in my opinion, they are nice, and expensive.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll just need an appropriate y-pipe to match the headers. Then you can pick out any catback you want. You can find a hooker y-pipe online or from one of the sponsors.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

it sounds awesome.....nice and mellow for around town and nice loud ripping sound when on it but it just hangs very low and sometimes the exhaust hits the floor cause they raised it up as high as possible to get more clearance....i have a car that is for racing so this camaro is more for street driving and i want it kinda stock.....maybe i can get a total hook exhaust since i have the headers on this car i'm looking at...thanks guys
Old 06-08-2008, 06:14 AM
TECH Addict

grab a y-pipe (you can use hooker's, jethot's, or TSP's) and whatever catback you want, by the way the hooker catback sounds awesome