Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's installation parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question LT's installation parts?

I'm planning on buying some LT's for my 2002 WS6 and was wondering if you guys could tell me what other parts will I need to buy before the installation. I will be buying the headers from TSP, I'm going with the Pacesetter and ORY combo.(what will be included in the combo if you guys know?) I know about the sensors and extentsions for the emmissions but I will be deleting the codes, so no need for them. but was wondering what other misc parts will i need?...I heard something about getting better gaskets because the ones that come with the headers suck, but where do i get better ones?..forgot to mention that I will also be buying wires and plugs....thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well...i will tell u to make it easier on puttin them on...make sure u jack ur car sky high...i used 4 jackstands and put my jack on cenderblocks at first to get the jackstands maxed out....then just slid them in under the car by myslef with ease....and on the gaskets just get some copper Mr Gaskets from like Oreilly's Auto Parts...like 40-50 dollars....and get some MSD Wires and Ac Delco Rapid Fire Plugs.... ull also need some PB Blaster to spray on the bolts ur taking off on the Stock manifolds and the Y Pipe.....well good luck man... i went with Hooker LT's and there amazing....
Old 06-12-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you still need the front o2's and extensions. You could do a plug change while youre in there. thats what i did. tyler is right though. you definitely need to jack it up as high as possible
Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

clamps? not sure what comes in the installation kit with either of those...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just ordered my long tube pacesetters and ORY and poly motor mounts, and i also ordered some stage 8 locking header bolts because i do not want to reuse the stock and i know the pacesetter ones are cheep