Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with ASR

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
i like it when it's raining, but i dont like the light in the dash so it stays on unless i want to play.
same here. unless your racing it doesnt matter whether or not you have it on.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to own a Camaro and **** that ASR....it stops ur back tires from spinin...if u happen to get sideways...ur fucked b/c the car wont let u react in time....ask me how i know
Old 06-18-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

the ZO6 is totaly diff...TC and STABILITY...MUCH MUCH better
Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SStheBest
i used to own a Camaro and **** that ASR....it stops ur back tires from spinin...if u happen to get sideways...ur fucked b/c the car wont let u react in time....ask me how i know
What? If you're sideways, spinning the tires more is just going to flip you around. If you're already sideways there's NO REASON for more throttle. Lrn2Drive.

Secondly, I leave ASR on unless I plan on kicking the tires. I like being able to do a u-turn and just hammer it, and know that it'll kick in and not just spin the tires and "burn rubber" but just allow me to kick it around and speed off a little bit.

It also does help in rainy weather. People who complain that it's some sort of weird safety problem because they pulled out infront of someone and couldn't speed off in time because of ASR doesn't know what they're talking about. Not only does it delay kicking in, but it only kicks in when the rear is spinning unnecessarily. That extra 5% throttle won't do anything but make you spin more.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

I pulled out the fuse. Someday I'll get rid of that stupid light.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Normally it's second nature for me to turn it off. When there is a fair amount of snow on the ground it's a different story. There are a couple of steep hills where my father lives and I can drive to the top easily with the ASR on, which tells me it's a decent system. Turn it off and I just spin the tires in the snow. With all the Camaros I had in the past I would have to turn around because they would not make it to the top. It's a decent system for a daily driven Camaro that sees all types of weather.

My father always tells me he wishes his had the system. He has a 95 Z28 with the 96 Corvette Grand Sport wheels, looks good but he can't move it out of the garage if there is snow on the ground.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce
What? If you're sideways, spinning the tires more is just going to flip you around. If you're already sideways there's NO REASON for more throttle. Lrn2Drive.

It also does help in rainy weather. People who complain that it's some sort of weird safety problem because they pulled out infront of someone and couldn't speed off in time because of ASR doesn't know what they're talking about. Not only does it delay kicking in, but it only kicks in when the rear is spinning unnecessarily. That extra 5% throttle won't do anything but make you spin more.
I do a lot of modified dirt track oval racing and 85% of my steering comes from the throttle. If you feather it (the throttle) just right you can power out of anything. The ASR prevents you from being able to have ANY controle of it.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I leave it off for everything.. even in the snow and all. its wayyy to obtrusive and inconsistent for my tastes. It senses just a little wheelspin and engages to such an extreme the car falls on its face. if it happens part way through a turn and you get a little sideways and then cuts in abruptly it will cause you to completely loose control. pretty much sucks. I even changed the tune on my PCM so it doesn't back of timing when the system kicks in but its still just too much.