Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air/Egr/SLP?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Egr/SLP?!

As you can see from my sig I have shorty headers... does this mean my air system was tuned out? I did not do the shorty's the person before me who owned the car did as I am the 2nd owner. I want to go long tubes but it is out of budget for right now as I have other things I'm buying. Anyways my question is, I was looking at buying the SLP lid. I noticed there are 2 different lid styles and one of them comes with a hose. Which one should I get if my Air/Egr systems are already tuned out... I'm not sure they are, but isn't that the assumption with stainless shortys in the stock mainifolds place? Maybe i'm off but that's why i'm posting in this section. The Air/Egr dont' bother me if there functional or disconnected doesn't make much of a difference to me. My future plans are in my sig. So what about this lid? Which one should I grab and what is the funtion of those hose? Is it as easy as unclipping the current lid over the air filter and replacing it with this one? Do I need any type of new gaskets? Thanks for any assistance, Ryan.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does your current lid have a hose connected to it on the drivers side?

This is the hose on an SLP lid, the OEM lid has it back a little further.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Yeah that's what i'm wondering, should I make the purchase of one with our without that hose, and what is it for?

Looking up to see if I have engine pics on my fquick page as i'm at work and not home

No engine pics, I will check it out when I get home, but I know it's stock that came with the car, so maybe somebody with a stock 00 remembers.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by liquidsmooth
Yeah that's what i'm wondering, should I make the purchase of one with our without that hose, and what is it for?

Looking up to see if I have engine pics on my fquick page as i'm at work and not home

No engine pics, I will check it out when I get home, but I know it's stock that came with the car, so maybe somebody with a stock 00 remembers.
The Lids are the same price with or without, so I'd get one with, just to be safe. you can always plug the hole if you don't need it, and have the hose/fitting if you decide you want to hook it back up at a later date.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Launching!

What does it hook up to?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

A.I.R. pump I believe
Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
The Lids are the same price with or without, so I'd get one with, just to be safe. you can always plug the hole if you don't need it, and have the hose/fitting if you decide you want to hook it back up at a later date.
AGREED.
Just have them ship it with the hose and the plug (for the hole in the lid where the hose goes).
Then you have ALL options.