Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty friendly mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty friendly mods

want some mods that won't void my warranty. i was thinking about a lid, cat back, and a tame cam. any suggestions for the cat back and cam? what about a Z06 cam? can i use the original springs and retainers? thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: warranty friendly mods

Supposedly anything from headers to a cam to cat-back exhaust are considered replacement parts and can't void the warranty. Even a supercharger is not supposed to void the warranty. That being said, I've heard a few horror stories around here of dealers voiding warranties even if they just see headers. I guess I would contact the dealer you plan on taking it to for service and finding out if they'll give you a hard time about something before you do it...and make sure you write down the name of the person you talked to and the date . Does anyone else know if there's some fine print somewhere saying what mods we can make without running into trouble?
Old 08-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Default Re: warranty friendly mods

I have the SLP dual /dual but when it,s time to replace it I will go with either the GMMG chambered system or the Corsa.The Z-o6 cam is a nice upgrade that has mild ramp rates so you won't have to replace valve springs every 15k,but you do have to install different springs when you install the cam.You can go to a bigger cam and get more hp but the Z-06 cam is easy to live with and emissions friendly.