New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slight clutch rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008 | 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Default Slight clutch rattle?

So I went to pick my SS up the other day from getting the windows tinted. I got inside the car, pushed the clutch in and started it up. Now when I park, I usually leave it in neutral and pull the E-brake. Well when the guy parked it, he parked it in first. So after I started it up i let the clutch out, and the car lurched forward and I almost went through the front door of the building.
Since then I have noticed a very faint chattering noise coming from around the area that I deemed the clutch was. Is it possible that the force of the car ljumping forward like that maybe messed up the clutch a little bit? Has anybody else had this happen to them?
On this subject, I was kinda thinking about putting a new clutch in anyways. Anybody got a suggestion for a good street clutch. My car will never see the track, nor will it make lots o' power in the near future. I am just looking at a good daily driver replacement clutch. Thanks in advance for any info/advice

Daniel
Old 07-30-2008 | 02:46 AM
TECH Resident

I suppose its possible... When I do a burnout every now and then my clutch likes to be really touchy and rattles a bit when I disengage it because I burned it up a bit.. Eventually it works itself out and stops. I dont think that you burnt the clutch to that point just by engaging without realizing it was in gear. Maybe it is something that you just never noticed b4. See if the sound gets better or worse and let us know.
Old 07-30-2008 | 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 71-Camaro-98
I suppose its possible... When I do a burnout every now and then my clutch likes to be really touchy and rattles a bit when I disengage it because I burned it up a bit.. Eventually it works itself out and stops. I dont think that you burnt the clutch to that point just by engaging without realizing it was in gear. Maybe it is something that you just never noticed b4. See if the sound gets better or worse and let us know.
my carola does that too. just drive a good 30 miles for something without using the clutch and it works itself out from getting the fluids pumping and what not.