Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Exaust Is This?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008 | 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Default What Exaust Is This?!?!

http://www.ls1sounds.com/Borla/borla...ide_in-car.wmv

Does anyone know this "SSpdDmon" or EXACTLY what setup he has?!? He has 6 videos up on LS1Sounds.

I have searched pretty much ALL of the exausts on LS1Sounds to get an idea of what I wanted and HOLY HELL this guy's Camaro thrusts my peen into a diamond-hard chisel faster than anything i've ever witnessed before (car-related...).

He says stock manifolds (does this mean stock headers?) with ORY and Adj. Borla Catback. I wanna know EXACTLY he has. What kind of ORY and just what does stock manifolds mean? (this is why i post in newb section instead of gen 3
Old 09-02-2008 | 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

well stock manifolds would be the exhaust manifolds. as for the rest of the exhaust he prob has some ory for the stock length headers and a borla catback. it sounds pretty simple
Old 09-02-2008 | 06:34 PM
Teching In

okay, stock manifolds means the guy dose not have any kind of headers...ORY means any Y pipe that dose not have cats on it, sound dosnt really differ, and borla adjustable catback...
Old 09-02-2008 | 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

It sounds just ok to me. I have heard a lot better. I think with headers it would sound even better. I hope to get one of my dyno pulls on to that site soon. I think my setup sounds pretty good...
Old 09-03-2008 | 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
It sounds just ok to me. I have heard a lot better. I think with headers it would sound even better. I hope to get one of my dyno pulls on to that site soon. I think my setup sounds pretty good...
What sounds better or worse is all a matter of personal taste my friend . Cams for example sound cool but they dont exactly sound clean and almost too loud for me. Hate to say it but I think a clean GT Mustang SOUNDS beautiful. I just dont like much else about them however.
Old 09-03-2008 | 12:54 PM
Launching!

i know what he has probably, it's what i'm doing, except i don't have the exhaust manifolds, he gutted the cats and used the stainless works y pipe that bolts up directly to the exhaust manifolds (I have replaced mine with stainless shorty headers),b ut anyways it will connect to the mainfolds/shorts, cut the cats and that y pipe connects from the manifolds and runs to the cat back, almost the same as long tubes with alot less cost. i'd just get shorty's for super cheaper, that stainless works which is like 3-400, and the catback for 400 new. keep your cats for emissions if it's in your area. that was it's super easy for me to throw my cats and slp ory back on. don't forget to get the code tuned out.
Old 09-03-2008 | 12:56 PM
Launching!

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/i...75_476_247_246

here these bolt up to the stock manifolds or shorties which can bolt up to your air/egr if you want keep those right to your catback. if you use stainless screws (no rusting) which i did, swapping it back out for an emissions test if they check would take about 10 minutes.