Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo LS1 set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo LS1 set up

My friend wrecked his evo and let me pull the turbo from it would it be worth the time and money to install it
Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

try asking in the forced induction section, im not sure if all turbos are compatible? i know you'll need all new piping at the very least. as to weather its worth the time and money, how much are you willing to spend, and can you do the work yourself. those are the biggest questions you should ask yourself, because the turbo itself (unless you get a badass turbo) is not even the expensive part of the setup. you'll need an intercooler, piping, BOV, tuning, etc. even with the turbo you'd be lucky to get it done for less than 2,500. and you'll only want to run a few lbs of boost, like 8 or so, on cast pistons with stock CR.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Teching In

i can work on it myself but im just debating if it would be better to just sell it and get a good cam, everything on the car is stock except the qtp electric valve cutout and a magnaflow exhast. i got it to run a 12.8 on street tires and wouldlike to go to the sub
12s
Old 09-04-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your LS1 would laugh, eat, then spit out that baby EVO turbo. It is wayyyy too small of a turbo for that engine. I have a turbo kit for sale for your LS1 car you'd probably be interested in if you are looking into to turbocharging your LS1, PM me for more details on it. And seriously, dont even fathom the idea of putting that Evolution turbo on any V8, let alone an LS1, it wont do any good, you'd probably make LESS power since it would be choking the **** out of everything lol
Old 09-04-2008, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just like he said, way to small of a turbo.