Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

free sealed ram air for ws6

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default free sealed ram air for ws6

I got a free was to seal your ram air on ws6 hoods using weather stripping you can get for free from most body shops off their junk cars. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll take some pics and post them on here. I'm not competely happy with the current weather strip setup but it does work.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: free sealed ram air for ws6

Hey I would be interested in seeing this setup, was there a knoticible improvement when you sealed the airbox. Send me some pics, directions, or what ever you have that will tell me how to do this.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm interested...
Old 09-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Ok here is a link to the pics web page. It shows the basic idea. I'm not totally happy with that set up. If I could get a bigger piece on the the bottom lip of the airbox I could take off the the one on the bottom lip of the hood opening. I had to slide my airbox over to one side to get it to seal and there are a few other things I could do to make it better. I just did it half *** yesterday to see if it would work at all and it does. So don't mind the duck tape on the holes on the bottom of the hood either. I took the back baffle out of the hood when I did that, not sure if you would have to but I did....thats actually when I got the idea for that. I did not test it out at high speed to see if it made a differenc but the car did feel a little faster around town, then again I did the free EGR mod yesterday too. Anyway I put my hands in front of the openings in my hood and had someone hit the gas on my car while I had my airbox sealed and when I had nothing sealed. You could definatly feel a difference. It pulled way more air from the outside when sealed.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Launching!

So you think it looks ghetto or not too bad