Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

purging question??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purging question??

I am still just trying to get all my info before i attempt to install and spend the money.

But If you put your purge set up in your ram air, this is where i want to put mine, Is it possible that dirt or something could get into the tube and hurt your nitrous setup or even your motor? something like Dirt, Bugs, Water, Dust?? Will there be any negative effects due to having the nozzles out in the open with things flying right at it?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

um...??? no i dont think it can...the purge noid is pretty much a on/off switch...when it opens, pressured n2o sprays out. so anything in the line would blow out too. also i dont think evin rain would ever make its way in
Old 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
8 second mod

you dont want dirt to get in there. it will clocg the blinker fluid there for cauzing a minor or major malfuntion of the flibitz valve.

jk.

no you will be fine with it there evey time you purge it will clean itself out.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

FYI....if the purge tube sticks straight up it would be wise to cap the hole when not in use.....water can collect at the base of the tube and corrode/rust the solenoid.

This is a slight risk, and as pointed out before, any particles will be blown out of the tube when you purge
Old 10-22-2008, 10:39 AM
FormerVendor

Another good idea, on installs I always try to create a low spot in the line. Meaning that if the tube does fill up with junk, it will settle in the low section of the tube rather than falling back to the solenoid.

Nick
Old 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
I am still just trying to get all my info before i attempt to install and spend the money.

But If you put your purge set up in your ram air, this is where i want to put mine, Is it possible that dirt or something could get into the tube and hurt your nitrous setup or even your motor? something like Dirt, Bugs, Water, Dust?? Will there be any negative effects due to having the nozzles out in the open with things flying right at it?
Are you wanting to purge like this? (please excuse the p/s job)

Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allmotor
Are you wanting to purge like this? (please excuse the p/s job)

]]
yess i am i love the look of that, and i have a WS6 so it will be coming out of the ram air scoops, I was thinking about putting them at a slight upward angle but idk yet, I will figure that out after its in. I think that the scoop purging is just a great look, and is really mean looking.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Launching!

I have seen a video of what you want, i'll try to find it...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Launching!

This isn't the one I was lookign for or the one I saw, but I believe it is the same person.
There is another video with an outside view with a different import getting "steamed". It must have been a little colder or had more pressure in the other video because you could see it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhKvMNohbU
Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Launching!

got it. my bad for being a post *****. should have searched harder the first time.

this is kind of amusing actually...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...lol_170007.htm
Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allmotor
got it. my bad for being a post *****. should have searched harder the first time.

this is kind of amusing actually...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...lol_170007.htm
That is so good So why is it alot better of a purge in this one than the other one??, I love that so much it looks like his are at a light angle but i cant tell i love that set up its perfect thank you so much that just locked in my decision