Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to nitrous...what all is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default New to nitrous...what all is needed?

Alright guys I did a quick search and havent found everything im looking for so here I am. I have researched a bit and read the "everything nitrous related".

Current mods are: LTs and ORY, Magnamouth, 85mm intake and tb, slp lid, filter, smooth bellows, 4.10s, 226/226/ .609/.600 110 lsa cam, dual valvesprings to .660 lift, hardened 7.425 pushrods, ls2 timing chain, tune.

made 344 rwhp before the LTs and ORY(yea i know probably a record low). So right now im guessing somewhere around 360-365 at the wheels once its tuned again.

Anyways im new to nitrous and im trying to figure out the real cost and everything that is needed. It looks like a wet kit would be best for a modded ls1. Next the car is a M6 so I would need a window switch and fuel pressure saftey switch. Next, I guess I need some sort of interface that will basically enable a different tune once the nitrous is armed?

Also I guess I would also need bigger injectors, because I believe the stockers reach 100% cycle duty at about 400rwhp? Would I also need an inline fuel pump? If so for both of these which do you recommed

So how would it work? I want a safe setup which also comes from the tune right? However I will not be running it every time I go WOT. It will see some track time on street tires and I probably wouldnt spray till 3rd because of the 4.10s. I guess it looks like it getting more safe as long as you have the proper saftey features and a good tune is this correct.

Oh by the way I was thinking of spraying 100-125 shot. Any info or suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks ahead of time

Dustin
Old 11-30-2008, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

anybody?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know where your timing is at now? Depending on this you may not need to pull any timing at all. You wont need bigger injectors for a wet shot, additional fuel is added at the nozzle, not the injectors. If you want to go with a dry kit this would be a different story

a single nozzle kit should be fine for the goals you are trying to reach. We also offer an accessory kit that would include everything you need.

Shoot me a pm with your budget, power goals, etc. and i can help set you up with a kit that will fit in line with that. we always have a great christmas sale so now would def. be the time to by if you want to save some bills