Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

125 r.w. shot

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 125 r.w. shot

hello,can i run a 125 rear wheel shot on my stock fuel pump.also will the casper electronics hot wire kit help the stock pump any?i do have a wideband,but wanted some opinion's before i put the bigger jets in.your help is appreciated .car is a 2001 camaro,lid,stall and drag radials.thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

The safe answer is no, replace the pump. The luck of the draw answer is you'll be fine. The hot wire harness will help, but honestly if you're going through the trouble to run the wires, why not just finish it off with a pump?

Nick
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

thanks nick.appreciate your help.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Anytime, feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Nick
Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about a 75 or 100 wet shot? I have a wideband, and can pull the appropriate timing but wondering if I would be stupid to try the kit without a fuel pump.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

i'm running a 100 wet shot with no problems on the stock pump.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

It never leans out, right? Is the main danger that the stocker can lean out or is when it comes to stock fuel pumps they can just fail without warning? Or both?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

I have a 02 camaro and run a 150 dry shot on stock pump and stock injectors..
not sure of the difference that will make.. but I guess you running wet it will probably be a difference on what the fuel pump can take...
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
It never leans out, right? Is the main danger that the stocker can lean out or is when it comes to stock fuel pumps they can just fail without warning? Or both?
get a FPSS to be sure...
Old 12-13-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could run one of those window switches that shuts down when narrowband sensor readings look a little lean. one of the sponsors has one for cheap - a wot/window/af safety switch for $150...
Old 12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickblade
I have a 02 camaro and run a 150 dry shot on stock pump and stock injectors..
not sure of the difference that will make.. but I guess you running wet it will probably be a difference on what the fuel pump can take...

get a FPSS to be sure...
Well I'm tying into the fuel lines so I would think the fuel pump still has to pump all of the fuel for the wet system. FPSS is a good idea.

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
you could run one of those window switches that shuts down when narrowband sensor readings look a little lean. one of the sponsors has one for cheap - a wot/window/af safety switch for $150...
That sounds good too cuz I still need a window switch and probably one that locks out first too. Anybody got a link to one that does all this?
Old 12-13-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

i run a 100 jetted shot with nano so a 120 shot with no issue on stock fuel pump
Old 12-13-2008, 05:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
That sounds good too cuz I still need a window switch and probably one that locks out first too. Anybody got a link to one that does all this?
Here ya go...obviously its a LOT more then just a window switch. You can lock out any gear you want and you can maintain multiple settings for each gear.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

RPM Window Switch – Only operates the nitrous system within a set “window” of RPM.

TPS Activation Switch – Only operates the nitrous system at (WOT) wide open throttle.

Dual Stage Control – Allows for the use of multiple nitrous kits to be run off of one (1) window switch. IE; multiple stages which can be used with different RPM & TPS values.

A/F Shut Down Switch – Nitrous system(s) will shut down if a lean condition is detected by either a wideband O2 sensor or narrowband O2 sensor. The MicroEdge will also shut down the system if an overly rich A/F is detected (wideband sensor only).

Lean Out Delay - The MicroEdge controller can be programmed to not shut down the nitrous system for a determined amount of time if a lean condition is detected. Great feature for those small lean spikes upon kit activation. This feature can be adjusted up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Multi-Gear Lock-Out – Can be configured for both stages and can lock-out multiple gears to optimize traction.

Time Delays – Activation of kits can be delayed for up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Pedal Delay – Delay(s) used to re-gain traction if the system is activated and the gas pedal is let off due to wheel spin and then re-applied. This allows for momentum to be built prior to re-activating the nitrous system(s). Both stages have their own pedal delay which is adjustable up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Nitrous Solenoid Delay – Delays the nitrous solenoid from being activated for an amount of time after the kit is activated. This helps to cure any lean spike issues that are pre-existing in the system.

Display – Built in LCD display can show RPM, A/F Ratio (mV for narrowband), TPS voltage, Battery Voltage, and Arming Switch Voltage.

File System – Up to three (3) files can be saved within the MicroEdge unit for quick and easy flipping between runs.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
Here ya go...obviously its a LOT more then just a window switch. You can lock out any gear you want and you can maintain multiple settings for each gear.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured
Very nice! After reading everything it can do I honestly thought it was going to be more than it is. And I went ahead and signed up on your forum so I can look out for the 40% off holiday deals

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...im-40-off.html
Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. i had to set that one up infomercial style - i knew hsw would chime in.

the rest of it should go like:

only $149.99?? that's crazy!
but wait, there's more! order now and get in on the holiday discount for an additional 10% off! operators are standing by...

seriously though, hsw makes some damn good stuff. that microedge controller is a sure-to-please stocking stuffer for that nitrous junkie who has everything.
it would be great if it ended up in their "door-buster" promotion this month...